1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever noticed something in its absence?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    This has been bugging me for sometime now. I've been waiting for someone to say something about this, So if you know of anyone who has publicly looked at this let me know, please.
    It's simply this...Why would a terrorist who wants to hurt us choose any target that does not belong to trump?
    how stupid does one have to be to Assume the presidency and not divest one self of all known investments?
    As things are now...When they want to send him a message my guess is that they have his address.

If some one blows up one of his buildings...Would you insure the rest of them?
    Would you want to invest in say trump tower?

Once one of them goes any where in the world, are you going to spend the night in one of his hotels?

In my life I have never cared in the lest about money..it just never held my interest once the bills were paid.

But...!

I can easily see where this guy just might leave office broke. A financial untouchable. His properties in the USA may be to hard a target..

. (The US Army is now renting space in Trump tower, no conflict of interests to be seen here folks so just move along.)

but he is known to all this world. and of course more loved by more people than any p**y grabbing very educated person who knows all the good words before him.

I just can't understand why he would leave his ass hanging out like this.
    Naturally the worst part is that if/when this happens...
    Well, that's our blood out there! None of these buildings will be empty
  2. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Isn't that true of pretty much any high-level public official though? Granted that it is MORE true of Trump, but they ALL have investments that are vulnerable. More to the point, they all have FAMILY that are vulnerable.

Don't you think that if a terrorist wanted to hurt Obama, they could have threatened his family?

Again, I'll grant that it's a LOT easier to protect 3 people in specific locations than it is to protect all the assets of a corporate empire, but I'm not sure it's THAT much more exposure from Trump's perspective.

My concern, frankly, is not a terrorist threatening Trump's ASSets by blowing them up, but rather foreign governments friendly to terrorist causes exerting economic influence by nationalizing Trump's ASSets. How long do you think his Board of Directors will put up with that before saying to Trump "Do something about this"? For that matter, even nominally friendly governments might be tempted to exert some leverage: "Hey, you know that new building you were planning on constructing on this piece of property? Sure would be a shame if anything happened to delay the permits....."
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    Example Nordstrom has canceled what's her faces product line, They say that no one was buying it...and one can see why. Trump is already threatening and accusing Nordstrom on being like really mean to the sweat young lady who used her 1st public appearance since the election.To pimp the clothes and jewelry she wore to the inauguration.

Sooner or later Putin will play his trump card.Most likely just before our intelligence agencies find what we know is there. Putin is a spy master. that's how he got where he is.Filming those he would control is Putin's forte and we all know how trump feels about women.

Much like entry to HELL. There are just do many ways to get there and so few the ways back out.
    And lest we forget, trump is a very stupid man surrounded by very stupid
    billionaires.
  4. Gizmo

Home page:
    I'm afraid I have to disagree. You don't get to be President by being stupid. I don't care how much you disagree with his politics, if you assume he's stupid and that the people he's surrounded by are stupid, you are going to continually misunderestimate him and what he is culpable of.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    I'll say this, when all is said and done it will be his stupidity that brings him down...People will say..."but that so easily could have been avoided and we will marvel that he did not avoid it.
    One obviously doesn't get to be president by being intelligent either.":O}

Now lets watch the movie and see how it ends. ":O}
  6. Gizmo

Home page:
    Stupidity?

Doubtful.

Arrogance? Just about guaranteed.

'Course, I suppose one could make the argument that Arrogance and Stupidity are closely related......
  7. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

"Have you ever noticed something in it's absence?"

Wot? Like gravitas and decorum?
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Yes my friend! As a reward I offer you this:

"Good manners depend upon Modesty and a certain gracious ease."
    I-Ching

How fairs your family my brother?
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    I would say that among the first things the rich buy for themselves is intelligence.
    Among the first things they rid themselves of is intelligence..
    Nearly all wreath is inherited wealth.

My Grand mother was a teacher and a nurse in west Virgina. Here's why she despised her forefathers.

West Virgina was settled by some of the best educated people in the world of that day.
    They came with great wealth. Within three generation they were illiterate.
    Their children could neither read nor wright. But they could buy intelligence or so they thought. Really you can only rent intelligence...
    and as with many things men value completely mercenary.

Dude you don't need intelligence to rule, Just brutality in the form of money.

But you do need it to survive.

Watch now As Putin's puppet is destroyed by torses he just does not see.
    These forces are inherent in the world and will come at any who rise in power from all sides
    NOBODY worth spit has trumps back.

"They hold this world in their changing hands."

When strong men see weakness before them, they plot to bring it down.
    When they see weakness above them they contend among themselves to replace and/or divide the spoils.

These are not ethical people.
    They work though power and this the Superior man does not do.

We never use force to effect our aims. We have only reason and the small means of friendly persuasion. beyond that We exert the power of inner truth to draw others to us and to exercise an influence.

I say" I" and" We" here, in this context, lest the world should think that men who strive for truth above all things and stand ready to sacrifice all things are a thing of the distant past.

We have always been here. It's just that in most times and places, it is better not to be seen. I am almost never seen.

Although at times this proves a barrier to my effectiveness....Well it tis as the I-Ching says it is.

"He who considers the mouth important at this point falls into confusion.."

Effective intelligent power is almost never to be seen. To be seen is to be opposed.
    That fat F***ing idiot can not cross a room with out creating violent and immediate opposition.

Here's why the rich oppose him even if he gives them all they want.

He has taken the mask off 5them. Their aren't a big bunch of intelligent billionaires out there. They are just a big bunch of Donald buying their way thought life.

They do have one instinct. Stay hidden. Use proxies. When we do evil we want politicians to take the heat.

Now we know who they are. Now they are famous! Now they are in the light for all to see.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  10. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

Ah, I'm not quite up to reading yijing yet - still very much at "little horse crosses the river" stage, but I'm happy to report that little horse eventually does manage to cross the river.

Some good, some bad. I'm presently in South Korea, the rest of the family back in the UK. My youngest has some health issues but we've not got a formal diagnosis or plan of action out of the NHS yet. Otherwise just more of the same. My eldest, who's now 9, has only just stopped giggling about a "Trump in the White House." But then, "Trump in a crowded lift" and "Trump in the bath" set him off as well. Otherwise, business as usual. How're you?

Upon which statement, the ghost of Warren G. Harding rests a little more easily.

As the US courts are currently proving, absolute power does not rest with one man. Hopefully over the next 4 years, your system of checks, balances and separations of powers holds together well enough to keep the bus from going over the cliff, regardless of who you have at the wheel. It just might not be a comfortable ride, and might finish looking like the closing scene from The Italian Job. But you've been there before. ;)

Have a good weekend!
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    I have greatly add to my last post
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    How sure are you that's not A fox who gets his tail wet crossing the water but suffers no real harm?? Hexagram 63? .

I'm more than happy number one son has trump to distract him from Brexit. (sp?) ":O}
    More than saddened the little one is in difficulties.
    Helplessness, however you struggle is a parents lot.

As at lest one of his paternal units is a Godless barbarian
    perhaps he will permit me to offer arcane superstitious prayers arising out of my fearful ignorance?

Ah shit dude!I'm just so sorry! It was an accident!, a knee jerk response! I can ask for my prayers back...
    But well..just .how stupid do I think we are!?

But look, Heaven has been just so very clumsy with shipments and deliveries
    I won't be upset if you decide to stick with the NHS.

But tell me if there any unexplained miraculous events in your life.
    I promised a preacher on the radio I'd start keeping track. I'm paid on a per miracle by miracle basis So don't hold back on me!

but if that bastard tries to bill you for my prayers tell him you pre-paid until the end of the month!

my gosh South Korea seems like a long way from where you want to be.
    I hope not. When can you home yourself again?
    I'm still miserable, so all is well! ":O}
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  13. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

Certain. Here you go:

小马
    和他的妈妈住在小河边。他过的很快乐,时光飞快地过去了。有一天,妈妈把小马叫到身边说:“小马,你已经长大了,可以帮妈妈做事了。今天你把这袋粮食送到河对岸的村子里去吧。”
    小马非常高兴地答应了。他驮着粮食飞快地来到了小河边。可是河上没有桥,只能自己淌过去。可又不知道河水有多深呢?犹豫中的小马一抬头,看见了正在不远处吃草的牛伯伯。小马赶紧跑过去问到:“牛伯伯,您知道那河里的水深不深呀?”

牛伯伯挺起他那高大的身体笑着说:“不深,不深。才到我的小腿。”

小马高兴地跑回河边准备淌过河去。他刚一迈腿,忽然听见一个声音说:“小马,小马别下去,这河可深啦。”小马低头一看,原来是小松鼠。小松鼠翘着她漂亮的尾巴,睁着圆圆的眼睛,很认真地说:“前两天我的一个伙伴不小心掉进了河里,河水就把他卷走了。”

小马一听没主意了。牛伯伯说河水浅,小松鼠说河水深,这可怎么办呀?只好回去问妈妈。马妈妈老远地就看见小马低着头驮着粮食又回来了。心想他一定是遇到困难了,就迎过去问小马。小马哭着把牛伯伯和小松鼠的话告诉了妈妈。妈妈安慰小马说:“没关系,咱们一起去看看吧。”

小马和妈妈又一次来到河边,妈妈让小马自己去试探一下河水有多深。小马小心地试探着,一步一步地淌过了河。噢,他明白了,河水既没有牛伯伯说的那么浅,也没有小松鼠说的那么深。只有自己亲自试过才知道。

OK, I guess the humour didn't translate. "Trump" is British playground slang for "fart" - so think "Donald Fart" and you're on the right lines.

He's alright, just a little prone to human BSODs (i.e. epilepsy). Unlike Windows, we can't nuke and pave a human. So just gotta deal with it.

Thank you

... is something of an understatement. Three weeks to go, here's counting!

I've an on-topic post in mind, but have had a beer or three and so will write it tomorrow. Which will be "later" for you, as we're 18 hours apart :p
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    We just look at trump so differently! In American slang trump means an unendurable Shithead.
    and to think we once spoke the same language!

I'm pretty sure that in at lest one indigenous peoples language it means

"He who choose being a white man over becoming a human being."

Three weeks! How time pulls upon our heats when we are
    far from home. I won't help much, but remember this
    Home misses you even as you are missing home.
    Such powerful attractions usually give way to reunion

When all our tears dry and give way to laughter.
    and make a way for joy.

P.S.
    How sure are you that that's the German translation?
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  15. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

What really gets me is that roughly 53% of Americans still support the Unworthy One. Not that I'm worthy, but this percentage shocks me after nearly three weeks of seeing what that bahstage is doing. Totally unfit for the office. It's not as if we haven't had really bad ones before, but this "person" is unbelievably ignorant and destructive of reasonable laws and customary practices.

It's doubtful that he'll be held to account for his myriad conflicts of interests. Case law regarding the "Emoluments" clause is very weak. Naturally.
  16. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    I generally don't want to get involved in political discussions, but I do want to point out that the general consensus from the Scandinavian countries is that the biggest evil was picked. Almost everyone I have heard comment on the current US president does so in disbelief. Even our newspapers, when he is mentioned, frequently does so in a similar disbelieving manner. However, I should point out that Scandinavian politics has traditionally been social-democratic. This means that people here consider welfare arrangements, free education and free healthcare as normal. We also have strong worker unions and pretty much whatever job you have here, you can still afford to live a decent life. So based on that background, it is probably not surprising that people here generally find themselves incapable of understanding the recent US election.

But we can't criticize too much from here. The current Norwegian government consists of two political parties, one of those parties in well known as the "go-to" party for all bigots here. Personally, I find it frightening that political parties of this sort seem to be growing through Europe lately. But on the other hand, it is not that surprising. These are political parties that specifically target people's fear of the unknown. We live in a time where we see many changes, and the media only focus on the bad stories. What the media fail to mention is that for every immigrant that turns to crime, there are thousands that integrate just fine and become productive members of their new country.

We humans are far too easily led by our fear, and it is too easy to keep fueling that fear. It is a common tactic used by many past leaders to give the people a common enemy to fear. The problem is that if one "side" paints the "other side" as an enemy then the "other side" is more likely to do the same. I made sure to quote my use of the word "side" since we are all on the same side to begin with. This may just be my idealistic views shining through, but I do believe that originally we have no side we belong to. But those who wish to exert their power over others, they benefit from grouping people.

Personally I try to avoid doing these things myself. I don't always succeed because I am not always aware of it when I myself resort to grouping in my thoughts, but I do make a conscious effort. If I may utter my belief at their most basic level, I believe it would make a positive change on the world if people could accept that others are different. After all, as long as "others" also accept your difference in return then there is nothing to prevent you from living side by side despite your differences. In a simplistic view, as long as you don't harm others or exert your will over others then your beliefs and way of life has no impact on anyone else.

I probably lost my original thought in this post and wandered off on some random train of thought. But reading this topic got me thinking, and further got me to wanting to share those thoughts. Apologies for the wall of text and I have full understanding for any "tl;dr" :p
    Kaitain and Daniel~ like this.
  17. Gizmo

Home page:
    We are animals. Arguably the most intelligent on the planet, but still, ultimately, animals. Fear is a primal thing; it speaks directly to our animal natures and our primal need for survival. Get us sufficiently scared and you bypass our higher reasoning. It takes one hell of a lot of discipline to be scared and still be rational. However, MOST fear comes from not understanding. Even when fear is a rational response (e.g you're awfully close to the edge of the cliff, and that's a long fall), it can be controlled much more easily when you understand what's driving the fear (don't want to die).

Even that's not the problem, though. The problem is that once you paint the people you disagree with as 'evil', 'the other side', or 'the enemy', it becomes much easier to assume they are idiots, that their views and concerns have no validity, that they are just plain WRONG, UNEDUCATED, MORONIC, EVIL IDIOTS AND WE'D ALL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THEM!

At that point, your conscience is clear, because you can justify ANY action. After all, they're evil, right?

One of the guys I worked with when I was in the Army put it rather succinctly: "All due respect sir, but I don't want to understand the man I'm about to kill". And he was right. That's why we used terms like 'liquidate' and 'neutralize'. The only way you stand a chance at retaining any semblance of humanity in that type of work is by dehumanizing your opponent. However, when you dehumanize your opponent, you also dehumanize yourself; it's just not as obvious.

As I mentioned elsewhere, we have forgotten that we are all brothers and sisters. We all have hopes and dreams, fears and concerns, priorities and desires. Just because my precise list doesn't match your precise list doesn't make me a monster. When I stop LISTENING to you and being willing to WORK with you, THAT'S when I become the monster.
    Kaitain, Daniel~ and Daerandin like this.
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    Amen my brother. You live in the light!
    I think there three kinds of Trump voters.
    The truly unintelligent who can not recognize their own self interest.
    The truly rich who wish and feel entitled to rule over us.
    Those who simply want to watch this world burn.

Bringing the forces at work together into a comprehensive whole remains beyond our reach.
    There is real evil in this world and no compromise with evil ever attains the goals of humanity.
    The rich and embittered will fight us tooth and nail.
    To fight evil directly is to become entangled in passion and hatred so if we do so we lose in the end by becoming those we oppose.

"What then must we do?"
    We must turn away from the conflict. We must take the one God puts before us
    Then dedicate our energy, our very lives to helping that one achieve parity commensurate
    with their inner worth.

When inner worth forms the criteria for public advancement
    the people acquiesces and order reign in society.

"Love is not an overnight thing"

America has allowed the powerful to destroy our institutions. We suffer greatly from lack of education.
    The uneducated are nearly always mistrustful from the constant abuse they receive, from they know not where.

So we must take these one's who God has put in our path and educate the holy shit out of them.
    Make sure their education wants for nothing.
    The problem is that we waited until we we were hungry before we began to plow this empty field and plant that which can benefit all men.

This must not happen again! To avoid repeating the same mistakes of the past, we must educate the shit out of ourselves! We must become who they (The great masses) need us to be.

As difficult as the task before is, I see greater hope than has been seen in a thousand years.

"Anonymous" is making herself known.

They have a plan that cannot fail so long as we are resolved to see it though. I see growing resolve not to let ourselves be divided.
    They are targeting the senators and congressmen, each in his or her own voting districts.

They are giving our corrupt officials no peace, not in a general manner that brings little results, but in their home towns where they must run for office.

And I see posts like yours which tell me the the way of the Superior man on is on the increase!
    "With increase and decrease, We must go with the time!"

Evey time the idiot president opens his mouth, trying to divide us "Anonymous" fills the streets in protest.
    Fills the streets with those who are seeking a new and a better world.

As they are seeking their new world for all of us and as they are seeking it in the proper way...I have great hopes of their ultimate success.
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    All true, but lest we forget:

"We are are stardust, we are golden
    and we've to get back to the Garden"
    Joni Mitchel

I know you know this Chris...I just like quoting Joni! ":O}
  20. Gizmo

Home page:
    This was something I meant to address earlier and missed.

Don't be afraid of grouping things. Our brains are not designed to process all of the enormous amounts of information that comes at us every instant; we simply lack the resources to keep up if we have to address EVERYTHING individually. Grouping helps us take shortcuts in our reasoning processes so that we can deal with the world. It is therefore a very rational thing to do.

Just understand WHEN you are grouping things, and WHY. Ask yourself if the grouping you are making is supported by the facts that you have at hand. Also, be ready to adjust your groupings when new facts are available.

We like to talk about 'challenge the establishment'. Most people think that means challenge those in charge, and to a certain extent that is true. However, it ALSO means to challenge YOURSELF; challenge the 'establishment' within your OWN MIND. We all have preconceptions, some of which we are going to be blind to until something comes up to smack us right in the face.

About 30 years or so ago, I was in a hardware store in Joplin. I walked in, poked around the plumbing section because I had some busted pipe that was older than me, and I was trying to figure out how I was going to mate up the old busted iron pipe with this new fangled PVC crap that was everywhere.

So, I'm roaming around the plumbing section for about 10 minutes, and this young lady comes up to me and says "Can I help you?".

Gotta be honest, my first thought was "You can't help me, you're a girl". Fortunately, that didn't come out of my mouth. My second thought was "Yeah, and?". So I told her what my trouble was and she got me sorted in about 2 minutes.

My point is that, even when we are trying, preconceptions sneak up on us. Acknowledge it, and be prepared to deal with it when it happens. We are imperfect, but we can be better if we want to be.