1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Resident Evil 5!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Adrians25, Apr 13, 2015.

1. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Interesting, I've never done an "upgrade" except for Mint 16 to 17
    The reason is because I still don't fully understand Linux file structure and what is left behind.
    Instead of leaving all of those unused files/folders and programs I installed (but don't use anymore), I just do a fresh install.

Just a cleaner way to set things up.
  2. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    I have a big mess in my files so I can't backup so easily! Also, no experience in reinstalling makes it not secure! I failed installing Windows XP once, but that was on old, useful laptop and that was for training purposes so I tool it from torrents:D
  3. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask it, but I want to change my name! I accidently missed for 10 years and I saw it just now! My actual date year is 2000 not 1990! I don't know where can I contact the administrator of this site!:/
  4. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    About the explanations here: The mounted file: can I just remove it when I have done the setup.exe(I am asking because I need to know facts before trying it if I don't want a serious trouble from parents(even for small, useless (not actually)problems that looks just like they would be real)!
  5. booman

Home page:
    It depends on if the game needs the DVD in the drive or not.
    Most DVD games require the DVD in the drive, so you would have to leave it mounted.
    If ResEvil5 doesn't require it, then unmount and delete the ISO

As for renaming your account, I'm not sure how to do that. Check your preferences

To learn more about Installing Linux, I recommend using a spare laptop or computer. That way you won't loose anything in the process.
  6. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    I have a very useless laptop, that I recieved as gift few years ago, but... It can't handle Linux Ubuntu, at least the latest versions, even 12.04! It has 256MB RAM, Some kinda intel graphics, but even not Intel HD graphics! It is made in 2004 or 2005, I think! Actually, XP byitself lags on it! So I think that one can't be used for tests!
  7. booman

Home page:
    I'm surprised it can't handle Linux, normally Linux can run on most laptops.
    I have some old ones as well and have been able to run Live disc with distros like Fedora and Mint.

There are some boot options to run on those old video chips.
  8. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    Well, as I said, it even can't handle Windows XP with lightweight settings quite well. It lags a lot! And once my relative came to visit me and tried to run the Live disc, but it just didn't run at all! So we decided to not to install Ubuntu there and bought this computer(because that one was a bit virusfull and we wanted to reinstall it, but it wasn't so easy though as we expected, because we can't use any OS on it!:D)
  9. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    Hi, booman! I am a bit messed up! Could you, please, compile any steps shown here and explain them in chronologic order that I can install Resident Evil 5? Note that I have downloaded a repack which contains 5 .bin files and a .exe setup file. Could you, please, help me now setting up it(by the way- it is called FitGirls repack).
    Also, I am looking for Assassin's Creed 1!!!- exactly part one, no extensions, maybe with patches!, but I can't find any in kickass.to or kinozal.ru. Could you help me also with that(if you can and are permitted to do:D)?
  10. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    By the way, where can I get RE5 no-GFWL version except steam???
  11. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    Hey- If I install the GFWL package aviable in the PlayOnLinux packages section, will also a GFWL version run?
  12. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    OK! I tried 2 different repacks(because I lost my .iso and I can't find it any more). Both runs after install like this:
    *My screen res is set from 1920x1080 to 128x960
    *The game screen is fully black
    *The corner sensors I have set works for a minute, after that- no
    *Only way to get out is restart PC

So I don't know what thing is on fault any more! Any ideas? I installed d3dx9, directx9, dotnet20-sp2, dotnet40 & gfwl packages in second installation, used Wine 1.7.40! I have installed the latest(346.59) NVIDIA propiretary driver for Linux 64-bit!
  13. mrdeathjr28

mrdeathjr28 Active Member

Is correct this game appears black because stay affected for flickering bug in my case works with 1.7.13 (lastest wine without flickering bug) however when entry in game when push any key game crash :(

:)
  14. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    Oh... Sad, very sad. If you find out how to install, notify me as I am not permitted to experiment with this computer!
  15. booman

Home page:
    I'm a bit confused...
    You really shouldn't be downloading games from sites like "kickass.to or kinozal.ru" because they probably aren't secure sites and probably have pirated software.
    You really shouldn't be using Linux on a computer that you are not permitted to experiment with.

If you are using pirated software, I don't want to encourage that and if you don't have your own computer to tinker with, I don't want you to get in trouble using someone else's computer.

It may be time to save some money and start over with your own computer, install Linux and then buy some cheap bundles and have fun playing games.

Thats what I do and its totally worth it.
  16. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    Well, this computer is my parents, they hate Windows just like me! About collecting money- it sounds easier than is. In Latvia money comes so slow, bad... Everything(almost) costs like 30% more than USA, but the salary is much smaller. A normal layer people recieve ~EUR 700 per family in city and ~EUR 500 per family in countryside, because in countryside there isn't so much time for job, need to work on field or in barn. I live in countryside, so... Usually after all payments(electricity, internet, a fuel so I can get to music school, food etc.) we have like EUR 100 left in month and we also need to collect money for house repairings. And... When I play organ in church I get EUR 10 each time, but usually that goes to school for excursions and others. Sad, but truth... I am hoping I can make a 3D resource pack so I can get protif, but my age is problem out here!
  17. booman

Home page:
    Wow, thats rough
    Sounds like you are making ends meet, but its not an easy living.
    In America both husband and wife usually work because its so expensive to live here.
    Mortgage, Electricity, Water, Food, Gas, Internet, etc.... are very expensive.
    My wife stays home and raises our children while I work.
    I barely make enough to pay all the bills and we stuggle to keep a savings account for emergencies.
    Sometimes I think it would be better to live a simple life and just live on a farm.

I understand you reasons for using pirated software, but what really sucks is how publishers and companies create anti-piracy DRM to protect themselves. This creates all kinds of mess for all of us.
    Such as Games For Windows Live
    Steam probably does the best job and GOG does it Right!

So I recommend playing with PlayOnLinux and experiment a bit.
    Read a bunch of our guides and you will see that I mostly do the same thing over and over.
    Some tweaks here and there for a specific game but mostly install, configure, play.
  18. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    Yam! Anyway, I don't know if I can install Resident Evil 5 myself, especially not having any good file to use for install! I know that his question is VERY BAD QUESTION, but do you know a secure piratic software website?:D
  19. booman

Home page:
    I don't think there is such a thing.
    If it was a safe site, it wouldn't have pirated software.
    Sorry dude
  20. Adrians25

Adrians25 Member

Home page:
    Yeah, I know that it might be like that...