1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I give everyone the day off?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Jun 14, 2017.

1. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

What a nice guy, thank you Gizmo. I'll pay for the gas, no problem. My big Q is: do you think it's a worthwhile endeavor, or not an action grounded in reality?

Thank you danrok! Most helpful information. Greenwater is a wide spot in the road, the trailer park is just passed the Greenwater General Store. Thanks again!
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Me too! I'll send you money as well for any gas and hotel visits.
    We need to know what happened to Daniel.

I wonder if we call the Ravensdale post office if they can tell us if there "IS" a forwarding address?
    I know they won't tell us the new address, but maybe they can at least clue us in...

Maybe do a background check on Daniel or Patti
    We might actually get a phone number...

Edited: Brian, better keep actual numbers in PMs, I think...lots of nuts out there
    Edited by Gizmo: seriously concerned about the amount of potentially personally identifiable information given. As you said, there's lots of nuts out there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Let's agree to not post the correct last names here.

How generous, thank you very much booman! Certainly don't plan on needing lodging for the journey, and I'll pay for the gas. My only concern is that snow may be falling fairly soon at 1700 ft MSL. Perhaps a friend's car would be available, he will have AWD with studded tires after the legal date for changing to winter tires.

I still don't know if this would be a wild goose chase.
    booman likes this.
  5. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    It's your call George. I fear it will be a fruitless endeavor also, but if you want to do it we'll support you as best we can.
  6. ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
    George, have you tried to call the number for the business office of the trailer park? The name and the phone number are on the sign in the Google photo. You might have to zoom in a bit, but it's readable. Maybe the people there might be able to hook you up with Daniel on their phone, if you ask nicely :) The worst that could happen would be that it's the wrong park.

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.157...4!1siPXSiu-lGAQAtyzKrKnOWQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
  7. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I realized after I posted that maybe I should have added that info into the conversation instead. Thanks Cloasters!
  8. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank you big time, all! I think I can read the info in our friend from the land of smiles's post. Merci!!
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I get up very late in the day, but I will make the call during biz hours. Thanks again everyone!
  10. ThunderRd

Home page:
    OK George, what's up?
  11. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Tuesday already? OK, I'll get up before four PM tomorrow and make the call.
  12. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Called the business phone number five times, starting at 8:35 AM. The number rang with no answer. On the sixth try at 3:30 PM I got the "there ain't no such number" recorded message. Call me paranoid but when this happens sometimes I get the feeling that they are ignoring me personally. Anyway, 411 (Information) confirmed that there was no such listing twice, and another two calls got the "No valid phone number here" message.

Glad that I didn't motorvate to the address!
  13. ThunderRd

Home page:
    Hmm, I wonder if that small sign isn't attached to 'Clearwater Campground and Lodge'. Maybe somebody just put it there for another business, saving the need for another signpost.

Does 411 not have any listing at all for Clearwater Campground and Lodge?

Or, how about the Greenwater General Store? It's just a few yards down the road, they might have a listed number and be willing to do you a favor. They appear to be the only store close by, so anyone staying at the Campground must go there to buy stuff. They operate the gas station, too.
  14. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

I suspect that campground is closed to the general public for the winter. They may have had the phone disconnected until spring.
  15. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I'm just so sorry! I knew you guys would be worried and concerned!

George I'm afraid you experienced what we were up against. People had phones, they just NEVER worked!
    I didn't realize until I got here... I was sure I could get sat. if all else failed, well all else did fail and Sat failed right along with the rest.

It was seriously looking like we would have to leave and find somewhere I could get connected.
    The real bitch was that we were flat broke from the hellish move we had just made.Patti is still sorting things down to what we really need in an 8X28 ft space. It would have been at lest several more monbths before I could get back to you guys.The GD libraries are all closing or greatly reducing their hours and services...the only place Patti could get on line.

She leaves here at around 8 and is usually home by 8 PM. She has zero time And I kept at her... But then we got a Direct TV sat appointment for two weeks out, they postponed a week then came out and said, to many trees and left.

But we knew that both Todd and the campground manager we pursuing it and could do little more than hope for the best.

I realize it can be hard to understand in this day and age not being able to get in touch. But I now live on a 80 mile stretch of road that goes for about 40 miles of forest (And nothing else) to my new home, then continues for about forty miles of forest (and nothing, literately nothing else ) to Enemclaw (?)

I still feel I should have done something, but I still don't know what I could have done I thought it would take a week or two at most to re-establish my connections

Oh!Did I mention my Mercers elbow? looked like a foot ball! LOL!

It didn't hurt and ant-bionics finely did it in right before they were going to hospitalize my butt.

Then SS let Patti know they had been over paying (their mistake) her and they wanted 2 thousand back!
    Assholes!

Then her car broke down and we had to rent a truck for a week!

guys there was no money or time to be had.

In truth, we just barely made it though.
    Again so sorry to worry you all, be glad you didn't know how worried you should have been I know I am!":O}
    booman likes this.
  16. ThunderRd

Home page:
    Well, it's a relief to hear that you're both OK. We've been plotting how to get in touch with you...did any of our letters arrive? I'd guess probably not.

Is the Clearwater Campground the right place? George nearly took a drive there.
  17. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

We all were very concerned about no message from Daniel for such a long time. It's an understatement to say that I am GLAD to hear from you! Looks like I was right about events that needed a lot of money to be put right, but I didn't understand that it was even more severe than I thought it was. Ouch, you guys have been in trouble! Perhaps it is time to ask for contributions from the congregation?

Surely it would be awful to admit that you needed some money to survive, and maybe you are too proud to ask. I don't know. Perhaps I'm making things more embarrassing than needed? If so I apologize to you and all of our Members. Forget that I went down the road to wounded pride and embarrassing town. Please.

It's most likely unnecessary to get in touch with that General Store now. I sure wish Daniel would confirm whether he now lives in the camper joint that we thought he did-or not. Please do, Dan. I'd appreciate a different Member do the phone work with The Greenwater Gen'l store if it's still needed. 411 calls cost $4.00 a pop on my phone for each call. booman or Gizmo maybe, please? Everyone else seems to live far, far away.

Thank you for contacting us Daniel. I was very worried, more than I should have been, probably?
  18. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

danrok has a great point. Shuuh, I didn't even think about a possible seasonal closing. Yeah, Greenwater is a very tiny town in the wilderness. Population 81. If you keep on eastward passed that wide spot in the road I believe you get to a pass through The Cascade Range that's surely closed for the winter and might require four wheel drive in the summer.

It sure bites that even a cell phone doesn't function there. I'm afeared that they will have to move closer to suburbia for decent communications in the future. Doubt they will like to do that. Ain't it always something?
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    On top of everything else, The power company and the Post office could not come to agreement as to what our address actually is.

So they re-issued addresses for everyone living here Wll your letters ever arrive? probably, eventually,
    along with the return of the Pony express":O}
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    No need The reduction in living expenses is working. The needed reductions are putting us back on track It's just going to take some time to over come the deficiencies of the time.

If it helps, I was worried about your worrying Just nothing I could do. And yes, but before you congratulate your-selfs, it's the Only Thing for 40 miles in either direction, you could not have missed it"O}

I will get you each my number and proper address, once we are all sure we have it right this time

If you need to contact me sooner I'll be here every day for now until the hoary end of time"O}
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017