1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Items of a passing interest...

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Feb 22, 2019.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Those dealers certainly talk a lot. And lie too. I doubt that a one ton pickup would move this monster adequately. And knowing that the freakin' factory ALWAYS screws up at least three things helps, once you learn that they LOVE to sell 'em, but HATE to fix them. Motherflock me Buckwheat, they got a lotta nerve!
  2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    There is nothing easier than for the poor to avoid the rich. Face it that's the only good thing about the rich.

As I may need a rich guy some day I should be clear no crime in being rich, the crime is YOU being rich.
    There are those, as scarce as hen's teeth, Who regard their wealth as a public trust and do in fact administer to the poor.

We don't see them as they do not wish to be seen.

I wish I had a better memory!

I "Think" it was one of the heirs to the Rockefeller fortune. A biopic.

A man of about 35 who rode his bicycle to his approximately 10X12 ft office space from his one room apartment.
    He dressed as a common man and worked without a secretary.

He described his work as research. He new exactly what every charity spent it's money upon and how much each charity withheld as operating expenses.

He wanted to only give his money to those who spent it effectively in helping the poor.

Damn! If there's one guy in America the deserves to have his name remember...this was that guy.

Blessings on any who fit his description.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    Around 90% of the really wealthy made their money the "Old fashion way".
    They inherited it.
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    As one salesmen admitted Salesmen don't live or know much at all about RV's and RV living. How could they!? They live out their lives in RV sales lots. 12 hours a day. With hundreds of RV's and thousands of Rv floor plans how could they possibly know in any detail about the particular trailer your interested in?
    So sad to say, they just want your money, they don't share your interests.":O}
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    Watch from the edge of your RV seats as two snow flakes stumble into the adventure of ...of...well their lifetime.

trill to the horror of being forced to read a gas gauge. Imagine the humiliation of having Canada reject you. will Americans ever be free.

#hashtag runny nose.

You could probably skip this and leave no tears.

sometimes things go bump in the night!!!!

just remind those cops whose taxes pay them to harass the simple people...
    that always works.i have read that all new trailers feature cheep ass tires from China. i was advised to make them replace them before you leave the lot...at your expense of course.

what is it about Rv's that make people think that Their flat tire is interesting?

6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Can't directly reply to post number 65. "Can't have more than five media items.."

The whole "recreational vehicle" thing is off kilter, imho. I bet some folks can "recreation" with far less.

It's a great thing that finding a used one in very good shape to LIVE in is possible! With non-mobile housing costing the earth this option sure makes sense. Sheesh, median rent for a one bedroom apartment in Seattle is now $2000 per month. In San Fran-sickle it's $4000 a month.

Happy to report that I spend a lot less for my little one bedroom joint. But this reduction in rent comes with a price. Living in public housing is ignominious. And maintenance becomes worse all the time. The city sold a percentage of this building to a private interest. The selling off of public property is THEFT, pure and simple.

But a private interest will mean greater efficiency! That's the lie used to sell off all of public property, isn't it hilarious that the Trump wants to sell off the postal service? It's the best liked service that the national government has.
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    George posted:
    "The whole "recreational vehicle" thing is off kilter, imho. I bet some folks can "recreation" with far less."

as your post is as close as I'm likely to ever get to someone asking me what I do for recreation in my RV.
    I want to jump on this one!

I have three remotes that cannot be combined by way of a universal remote.

so for fun i lose them in my blankets as I do everything from my bed, always have, haven't a clue as to why.
    I remember now! furniture costs money! LOL

losing them is not that much fun. but tearing my bed apart three times a day finding them is priceless.

But i have determined that this should have one of two outcomes.

1,I stop being such a mindless asshole and remember what I did with them.
    2 I learn to enjoy looking for them.

having two things gives me a chance to fail twice. failing twice was an unforeseen option
    That I have maximize to my own disadvantage.

Mindlessness is the bugaboo of the careless and I have been unable to escape it.
    But I continue to try as if I do not, I wouldn't have any fun at all! LOL
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    I suppose that if one can neither read nor write a post office must appear as an unwanted reminder.
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Not certain about mindlessness being the bugaboo of the careless. Getting old sure as heck seems to aid forgetfulness, hate to think that I'm doing this for fun. While my living space is messy, I used to know where everything was. No longer, father time says "congratulations."
  10. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Good point, I say a dashed good point sir.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    These good people have not the slightest clue that their actions just might preclude their children from having a functioning planet. Their actions never lead to unintended consequences. Their exhaust contains only hot air and their good intentions. This is the face of planetary death. How can they possibly claim they do not now this. They Do know this. They have just decided that

"For us it's OK, because we love being out in the wilderness campgrounds, we travel thousands of miles to get there and because it is that's all. now piss off.!"

12. Daniel~

Home page:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Gosh, gimme a slide topper! You need to add a stepladder to your "rig's" inventory and clean the 'ucker off before you retract it! Watch how the screws are added to your Mobile Home, penetrating the skin--without a thought of waterproofing the new holes!

I wonder...perhaps under The Green New Deal these loud and proud freakin' American idiots will have to park it and leave it there. Such a great incentive to rush out and get bamboozled by the army division of RV sales people. Don't worry, the platoon of fix-it folks is standing right behind them. And speaking of the Army...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-22/us-army-major-america-exceptionalin-all-wrong-ways

Only my opinion. One among billions.
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

By golly, this is a repost. Not that these folks aren't good looking... Well, they're certainly not dummies, that's what counts.
  17. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

"Come up with any reason to avoid having the manufacturer fix it." THERE'S a good enough reason to not fall into the "American Way." Carrying your turtle shell with you to be ""safe"" in while you travel is a pure illusion. It'll be better than a tent to stay away from rampaging bears, but many dangerous wildlife situations can be avoided by care and forethought.

The more I see of these videos the more I become disgusted with the whole idea. It's fantastic that you've figured out a way to live where you want more or less inexpensively. But using these things as a traveling "lifestyle" just doesn't float my boat.
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    Yes but they still think that weather we track the globe dragging a 38 ft trailer is a personal choice.
    As it effects us all, how can it be just a personal choice?

For myself it only becomes a personal choice once you take the wheels off. Then we have a purely personal choice as to where you permanently park it.

You cannot travel in this way without killing what you travel to see. But truthfully I expect that the travel trailer crowd will be among the last to understand this. Just as live-in parked trailer dwellers are among the first to comply with our new necessity to reduce and conserve.
  19. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Why, that's the beauty of Americur! All things to excess, the rest of the world can eat it! Seems that most of the urban parks are unpleasant to live in, not to mention shamelessly and unattainably expensive.

I wonder if that horrid song "Convoy" helped ignite the craze for fifth wheelers? Or perhaps it was "keep those dogies rollin,' rawhide?" Why, every man a king on wheels, of his wheels, yeehaa!
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    It was the best of times
    it was the worst of times...."