1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ah...about that last rib I broke....

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, May 28, 2016.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    LOL

We all see things differently. So often we view someone as our personal hero, unknowing that they view us the same way. We see our own struggles as trivial compared to the struggles of others.

IMO, that's as it should be. It's a Good Thing. It's our differences that make the world an interesting place.
  2. ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:

Well put.

This kind of mutual 'simpatico' between people is earned, not given. It's called respect.
  3. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Well....
    We paid $160.00 to have my Pot use 'Certified" as "Medical."

This because the piss test is federal and Medical pot shows up like any other. The test they are really interested in of course is for narcotics. Did this yesterday.

Today we took our very official looking cert. (state seal and all) to my pain clinic. They were properly impressed with it and handed over scrips for great big bunches of pain reliever. She accepted all my recommendations for my treatment, That always makes me feel better.":O}

Ok...Now somebody please tell me how this change in how we get a patients drugs to them helps anyone?

Are the disreputable going to stop selling drugs made by pharmaceutical companies, prescribed by pain clinics
    bought at pharmacies until the patient can't afford them and ever after bought on the streets...the same drugs
    Medicare buys for me cost hundreds of dollars a day.

This new law monitors the drug use of patients in Pain clinic care and regulates the clinics.

The problem isn't in the clinics. Once your a problem, they move you on out to the streets for your drug care.
    My usual heath care provider no longer receives revenue by caring for my long term needs. Plus we like each other and over the years have built trust. I can tell you this is really pissing him off.

My pain clinic has a fraction of his experience and education. But they can be trusted to give me drugs but he can't!!??

This is going to end badly. Do drug dealers ever abuse their customers? Sure they do! Why? Because they can.

Will Clinic owners search for ways of making more money out this? Of course they will...They "Think" that's their job!

I don't just doubt the effectiveness of this strategy, I very much doubt the intentions behind it.

This is a move by big Pharma to hook the nation. Hell it practically uses every thing we know about the causes of addition
    to create addition in patients.
    What's really telling is that no part of the medical profession is behind this. This is Pharma and government dancing in concert to enrich themselves.

I take that back. Many pain Clinics are owned by Doctors or small groups of doctors, they are who the Government turned to when they had questions...nice...

So property medicated now. Getting along well with the dilaudid, which is a very nice change for me.

T.R. I think your hemorrhoids are up next for discussion! Do try not to be tight assed about it....":O}

Honest to god, I don't know what I'd do without you guys!
  4. ThunderRd

Home page:
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

What a fortunate chap you are not! Initial Ramsay Hunt syndrome, followed by decades of postherpethic neuralgia. Good God Daniel~, you really are a living laboratory of Zoster Hell. Starring you! Sheeit, reading the encyclopedia of HORROR that you kindly provided I must confess that I seriously doubt that I could handle more than maybe two years of such abuse-if that.
    And roughly THIRTY perfectly round holes dripping the remains of your dead nerve cells? You were truly blessed with such glorious fun? I'm so envious! NOT!!

So you had (and still have you UN-UNlucky dog) entirely atypical recurring Zoster Herpes attacks. Atypical means that at first an ordinarily intelligent doctor doesn't have a clue as to the cause of your misfortune.

Your adventures in most glorious pain started with Zoster shingles in your EYE. I mean, how could you be properly diagnosed with only that symptom?
    Reading of your affliction over the years, I knew that you were suffering. And suffering more seriously than we thought. But now... I don't understand how you can rise above this horrid morass of pure pain. My hat is seriously doffed in your honor of my realization of how much punishment you withstand.

No hero lives under my roof, thank you for saying so. I think you should look far closer to home for such a commendable person. In a mirror.
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I'm not cursed with hemorrhoids, thank you God! I understand that they're very annoying at the least and a real agony at their worst. I'm sorry if any of our Members have to live with this.
    Shazam, Dan~! In a state where "recreational pot" is perfectly legal, you needed to go to the trouble and expense of obtaining a certificate of official medical need? Naw, this world isn't upside down. Wanna bet?

I'm very happy to read that your pain is finally being properly taken care of. Looks like obtaining that state license for medical marijuana was a presciently smart move. Well done!

Beatific Purdue Pharma plus the sainted caring for our health FDA caused the opioid epidemic in our bestest, smartest, most honest country. Thousands have died and thousands more will die from their wunnerful ministrations. This true story is finally being reported here and there on the web.
    The public is being taken care of by criminals of commission and omission. The powerful live in a different world than the rest of us. They are never punished or taken to task. The man in the street is subject to many punishments that are not at all deserved. Massive lawful civil disobedience seems to be the only way "up" for us.

I had Chicken Pox as a kid and a "regular shingles attack" when I was about 24. Three days of pain with a rash around my chest, doctor asked if I wanted a real pain reliever. "Nah," I said, hoping to earn brownie points toward my next bout with real pain. And that was it, I don't know how fortunate I was. Whew!
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    Even with all my recent medical experience I wasn't able to follow a lot of the medical terminology.
    "ol two and eight" for instance,

Was that a measurement of some sort for something that should have never been in the first place?
    ( you know like a Trump popularity poll)

or perhaps the standard Doctors fee for having to closely examine what God doesn't even make us look at!!

As disorders go I much prefer those that don't wander about a mans privates.
    It's never good once that happens!
    It's u natural to take a mans right to sit and rest away from him...he's bound to get quarrelsome
    and try to steal attention away from more deserving and might I say more respectably located diseases.
    Here's the thing...how can we ever be sure a man's actually got a dripping grape?
    Exactly! No body is gonna check up on that one!

For all we know they might just like screaming their heads off in the john!
    ( I know I do!)

I'm sorry you had to suffer this.
    I was constipated for3 years until I discovered shredded wheat X2 a day and you never have to say your sorry.

A Greek sage once said:

Even if you like your wine
    red in the sunset
    Don't squash those grapes.

( I have some small gift for creating throughly revolting images in my mind...we don't get to choose our gifts ya know. ":"O}
  8. Daniel~

Home page:

I had the opposite misconception about Zoster. I though EVERYONE who got it was doomed to lie at deaths door cringing in pain. FAR from it! Yours is far the more typical of our experiences.
    Think about getting the vaccination George. It cuts recurrence in half. Guess who got the wrong half! LOL

Heres the despicable truth. You have EXACTLY the same disease as I.
    I don't know of another disease like it.
    ( OH WOW! Daniel doesn't know of anything like it, and after all my years of training! Sometimes the way I talk amazes me! !LOL)

It can touch you and might might not even know you had it! And might not ever have it express itself in you again. Despite the fact that it's hiding out in your brain and spinal cord

.As it's a disease of the nervous system it has freeway access to every part of your body. Heart lung, brain all your organs... yet we know it primarily as a skin rash, which sometimes never shows!

Ok it decides it likes flesh. it can cause a rash or/and it can cause muscle aches, paralysis, permanent or temporary and/or nerve pain. or just make you itch a little and depart.

So we can't predict where it will go OR what it will do on the way and when it gets there!
    Zoster seems to be right and left sided!
    Other types of rashes show no such preference! But repeat victims can have the preferred side change. I have that distinction I'm proud to say!

What Zoster can do if it pops off inside the brain...Brrrrr.
    I didn't know it but I might have lost my sight to that first Zoster attach.
    It come at you so many ways doing such different thigs you might easily miss that your problems are connected, I missed it twice!
    But as I mentioned they are making strides ahead on this. If you get the anti in the first 36 hours of getting a pain rash...your probably going to walk away in fine shape. Most do or most nearly do.

I get screwed because my Zoster doesn't present in the first 36 hours...Without that rash I have to wait until damage is being and I have a full viral load before I know I under assault and can get into the fight.

Its 'a strange and fascinating disease...

(I think Zoster just made me type that!!!!)
    If people would just show Zoster the respect and appreciation...

Hey guys gotta go. I'm gonna take another anti-Virus while I'm still in the drivers seat.":O}
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    And yes George, glad you noticed. As a pot patient I must pay $160.00 a year for the privilege of smoking for medical reasons, unlike the great unwashed who are only allowed to smoke it to get high...for free.

But when the FEDERAL government looks at my piss test for narcotics under the new law they may feel the need to prosecute me as a federal case for pot use.
    But thanks to my shinny new certificate I'll be completely UN-protected from Federal law as the certificate is issued by the state and is or is not recognized on a case by case basis...on federal whim.

Is this all starting to make sense to you? I hope not George, I hope not! LOL
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  10. ThunderRd

Home page:
    LOL, it's Cockney rhyming slang for 'state' as in, "Ol' Nobby's got 'is privates in a real two an' eight"

Can't say I've ever suffered from 'em, but I couldn't help but remembering Nobby and his piles. He was a regular character in the golden days of Viz magazine in Britain.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    He expresses something so primal I don't want to look at it. Much appreciated! ":O}
  12. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Must I be ignorant of so much? Never heard of "Viz magazine" from Britain, and I was lucky enough to live there for two years, very long ago. Much Cockney can't be deciphered by Yanks, had not a clue about "two and eight."
    That $160.00 license must be renewed--Ka-Ching! yearly?
    WTF, over?
    Oh yes, the Feds classify weed just as they do heroin. If sanity is ever regained in this crooked land of ours, the so-called war on drugs will be canceled forever. And hundred of thousands of non violent drug offenders will be released from the prisons they are rotting in. Monetary compensation would be just! If justice stops meaning "Just-Us." And "just-us" means the people at the top of the heap.
    Our world in this great land IS upside down. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could turn it right side up? But think of all of those people that would become jobless, I guess that a minimum income law would help them immensely. I know, dream on.
  13. ThunderRd

Home page:
    Viz is like a British version of Mad or National Lampoon. I think it's still going, but I haven't seen one in years. It had serial characters in addition to Nobby, like Sid the Sexist, The Fat Slags, Buster Gonad, Yankee Dougal, and Johnny Fartpants.

I'll leave it to you to muse upon what those characters might be like.
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    I didn't stop to ponder who might be pinning the comic... but now that you mention it...

How about Crumb from ZAP! comics?

(Complete filthy obscenity and and satire featuring such Crumb charterers As Fatima the cross dressing pirate and her lesbian crew of perverts.)

Crumb went after the Disney comic characters in way that simply cannot be removed from my mind. A full two page "world View" splash with all our favorites.

Mini-mouse turning tricks on a dirty 'ol bed, needle hanging from her bony arm while Goofy pays Micky who man's Mini's cash register attached to the head of the bed..Scrooge chasing the ducklings about with nothing good in mind

This issue came out when I was around 20. I didn't know it then but I still carried about with me a great deal of the "reverence"
    a child has for those things we are introduced to by our parents and culture Micky was SACRED to me.

Wolds collided!!

I think I showed that issue to everyone I knew...Everyone begged me to let them keep it. But I held firm as the tears ran down our faces, Nobody was ever eviscerated more completely with an ink pen than poor 'ol Walt was on that day! ":O}
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
    As we were discussing drug equivalences and proper substitutions earlier when changing medications of the opioid family When I found this I though of you guys! LOL

Sorry it's in the best form I could manage. I was taken off oxy and placed on Hydromorphine or as it's know by it's brand name Didlaudid.

Screenshot from 2016-06-04 05:54:54.png

Attached Files:

16. Daniel~

Home page:
    I was going to suggest a group hug (seemed save enough given our bodies have yet to show up...)

But as I scrolled down to post I passed Nobby again...and thought better of it! ":O}
  17. ThunderRd

Home page:
    Zap. Oh yeah. I forgot about that one.

WTH was the name of Fatima's ship? Wasn't it the SS Shaky something or other... Crumb was considered lowbrow then, I remember the issues were only to be found in underground record shops and such. Certainly not on the barbershop reading list. I had a school pal that got himself suspended for three days for possessing an issue; after that, we all wanted to read them.

Keep on truckin'
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    That's it! "Keep om Truckin" I couldn't put mu finger on it!
    Given Crumbs nature, probably not a bad thing! ":O}

If one knows nothing esle of the 60s one knows to:
    "Keep on truckin' mama
    truckin' my blues away."

I don't know where they were sold, San Diego was one button down town back then, a lot Retired career navy and Marines They weren't' as a rule the most liberal of fellows.

"My dad sailed with the fleet!"
    (Damn that felt good! I've always wanted to say that!....cause it's true! ":O}

I as I remember it I got mine from a friend living in San Fransisco... Same thing really in Frisco with the Navy and Marines...wonder why they were Soooo much more liberal in their views?

We ran the coast a lot in those days trying to understand why we running the coast a lot in those days...the beaches were nice! ":O}
  19. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Sheesh, that chart of supposedly equivalent doses of dangerous substances makes me shiver. I am so glad that I'm not in pain and especially pain great enough to demand narcotics.
    Ah, Robert Crumb. I was living just north of San Francisco when the days of the hippie started out. Loved his comics. Can't remember if "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" were an R Crumb effort. No, they were from Gilbert Shelton. As was "Fat Freddy's Cat." More politically hip than great art, but the man was very good at it.

S. Clay Wilson gave us "Captain Pissgums and His Pervert Pirates," this sick bunch met "Captain Fatima and Her Dyke Pirates" in one episode that I somewhat remember from this talented yet far off "normal" baseline of American humor.
    Zap Comix had most of the greats of that era. I remember the female bunch as being "Berniece and The Dykes." Maybe that's yet another twisted yet very amusing effort from one of the "underground" artists of the day.
    I think Robert Crumb was nonpareil, I only take him to task over his racism. His depictions of young Black women were very non proper for the time. However, he created young Caucasian women very similarly, mebbe he needed some general enlightenment.

How can we forget "Mr Natural" who often appeared with "Flaky Foont" as his foil? Those really were the days--in many ways.
  20. ThunderRd

Home page:
    Ah, found it.

Fatima's ship was the 'SS Quivering Thighs'... LOLZ