1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ah...about that last rib I broke....

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, May 28, 2016.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    The one that got to me most...I don't think I could even briefly describe without blowing away all bounds of propriety.

It starts out in a sea-side pirate bar, dark and very dirty.

Two macho men pirates comparing their manhoods at the bar...and ends up in a MAJOR minor act of cannibalism... SHOCKED THE HOLY CRAP OUT OF ME!!

In one horrible moment I realize that I'd better start laughing or I would most likely lose my mind.

Bring back any memories, if so, perhaps I should apologize now?

( Can you guys help me pick up the pieces of propriety, watch out for the small one's, their sharp!!?)
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  2. Daniel~

Home page:
    "I only take him to task over his racism. His depictions of young Black women were very non proper for the time. However, he created young Caucasian women very similarly, mebbe he needed some general enlightenment."

I don't know his back ground at all...How some ever, he may not be a racist. He may just be turned on by pretty or for that matter ugly black girls..many people are you know! ":O}

What turns people on, no matter how much like racism or ethnic bigotry it maylook like...isn't, it;s just sex.

How do I know? I Don't. Yet a very learned (from my prospective) Black shrink made this very assertion.
    Sex and racism take place in very different parts of the brain and exist for opposite reasons.
    A defining characteristic can be found in that one wishes to get closer to the object of interest for the purpose of closer union, while the other is Donald Trump.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

After Cpt "Urine" gums attacked Cpt Fatima's ship some of the crew from both ships discovered that "hetero" wasn't all that bad. In those days of old, as they truly are now, outrageous revelations that some people's ideas of "middle of the road" humor didn't match what was acceptable in Peoria, Ill were a breath of very fresh air. Sorely needed after the McCarthy era.
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    "Captain's gotta teach stuff."

(From "Marvels" "Guardians of the Galaxy" (recent Motion Picture.))
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Personally speaking, the good Captain offered lessons galore that shocked the crap out of me. I mean, who knew that the world could be so twisted? This suburban white boy had no idea that anyone, artists included could be that outrageously perverted.

Come to remember it, I had a Black shrink in the army for a short time. He was better than most of them.

I like Guardians of the Galaxy but it took more than one viewing for me to warm to Chris Pratt. Looks like a sequel will be released soon. Hope it's not a disappointment.
  6. Daniel~

Home page:
    I know! I've seen it twice as well. I guess they struck the right note between the imaginative and the stupid...I couldn't help myself, I loved it! ":O}

But they had me at:
    "Captain's gotta teach stuff."

This SOOO often overlooked on the job applications of tomorrow!
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Rocket Raccoon now inhabits the pantheon of science-fiction heroes. How can you not like the character? Groot unfolds in a very cool role. I have the BluRay, must have watched it four times, your "I guess they struck the right note between the imaginative and the stupid" is a very good description, I must say.
    GotGalaxy 2 shows 2017 as the date of release. I hope the time in development equals an entertaining flick.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Here's an oldie that shall never die!! LOL
    Have you see the "Burmese Harp" Anyone? 1955, Japaneses? (another version in 85, I haven't seen)
    Come on folks! We sat though a thousand totally crap artsy craftsy movies just to find gems like this...So like hey I hope no one missed it! ":O}

(it's hard to find, I did a Roku search and only Fandore seems to have it...but Ruko only searches collections I have access to.

All I can say is that it's weighty, but very cleansing.
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I've never seen it, I must say it looks interesting.
    I haven't sat through one thousand artsy phartsy crappy movies. Wouldn't say no to about four hundred, though!

IMDB says that Burmese Harp (1956) had one nomination for the Oscar.
    It's supposed to be available as a disc on Amazon.
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    Say George....You do have Roku, Right? Your not paying for cable or Satellite are you?

if your not using Roku, your missing the biggest thing since the antenna! and your most likely paying waaayyy more than you should.

It comes with three plugs, Internet, HDMI and Rick Perry, ah..no...that third one would be the power plug. I had it up and running in two days! ":O}
    I want you to have this George! ":O}
    Roku blows away Your wildest dreams of infinite content... Yes that's right! Content has , in this case over-taken form!

I almost never rent movies and never buy them? Why would I?
    I Currently subscribe to a half dozen services that package Movie and TV content foe monthly fee and between them get more than I know what to do with, which just how I like it!
    We now get 5 times, easily 5 times what we use to, all in HD with up to 7.1 sound.
    We pay about 1/4 what we use to.
    I want you to have this George! ":O}
  11. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    You guys are sick puppies, you know that? :):confused::p:rolling:3:)
  12. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I too am eagerly awaiting GOTG2.
  13. Daniel~

Home page:
    Now your just being childish...Nice work on getting rid of all that old guy stuff!":O}
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    We need a new topic of conversation!
    I know let's talk about my hardware! ":O}
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
    Lookie here!
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I haven't really looked in to Roku--don't it sound very furrin? Plus it's new to me so as an oldster I'm a-scared of anything new. Dang it, I just remembered the real fun of a broken nose. Oh yeah, and a doctor that thought that prescribing aspirin for that pain was going too far. May he rot in Hades, what a deeick! Must I drag myself down Memory Lane so automatically? I freely admit it, I was young and DUMB once upon a.

Hmm, looks like with Roku I'd need a wireless router. Mongo not want. And I would have to hook my Samsung ""Smart TV"" to the web. Mongo not want the 24 hour snooping upon him enabled by such not smartness of buying a "smart" tv.
    Admittedly I took a short tour on Roku.com. The features look great! But I don't like what I saw as security nightmares because of my buying a "smart" tv by accident a year ago. Wish I had known better! Bummer.

Your hardware? I know that you have a very hot and very expensive Asus mainboard and a quite expensive i7 that's "plugged" into it. Plus at least one very expensive FAST SSD. And maybe a RAID backup system?
    This says that you are a materialist of the first order? Materialist means you have enviable gear. Yeah, I could afford it after saving up for a time, but I don't want to. My whatchamacallit second tier, maybe lower status? gear is fine by be. And it's much more than I really need for my purposes.

The Lenovo machine I had before this refused to get with the Linux Mint program. Motherflocking MS is pulling heretofore unimaginably evil underhanded insults to Win 10 users. The staying with Standard Architecture Rule finally penetrated the thick matter between my ears again. If I had stuck with M+$$$ I'd have saved a pile of money spent on a new box. However, I read of a new underhanded, sickening trick that the bahstages are doing to Win users every other day.

Maybe my shame should burn because all of the money spent on PC components could have been donated to a good cause. But I can't take the wisdom of Linux out of the picture, not to mention the main reason why I finally went with it again.
  17. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Referencing Gizmo's post number 51. I was referring to the Captain in the Comic Book Series that displayed a sense of taste not permitted in Peoria--or about anywhere else in this great land at that time.

"Cpt" Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy is an entirely different subject. Hang on, I think that Yondu may be referred to here. He's the Captain of the Ravagers that has that magic arrow that's best avoided at all costs.

I'm not certain which Captain was which that you posted about in post 51. "Sick puppies," harumph good sir.
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    GET THE GOD DAMN ROKU!!!

or not..

I'm really tired so I'll wait until tomorrow to correct all your silly little miss-impressions...Wireless indeed!!

after which I intend to parade about the forums in FULL pirate mode sneering at your shrubberies!!

Smart TVs are for people who aren't!
    Hey! you said it first... I just said it with far less compassionate understanding is all...

Sleep on it George! You wouldn't want to rush into something so totally unimportant as this.

I just wanted you to have one. But if it gives you more pleasure disappointing me...What can I say?

I think this will all look better to me in the morning...Unfortunately it will probably still look pretty bad to everyone else.

( I might still reclaim my dignity and poise...
    I think I'll parade as a Texas Ranger instead...

We're still on with the Shrubberies though.":O}
  19. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I admit that my shrubberies could use more care. They look fine from a distance, though.
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    I'll keep my/your/our distance then...
    Is this like staying on person's good side?
    I always liked the sound of that!

Doesn't sound like I could get into to much trouble with that one!

But staying on people good side... has only rarely worked out for me.

I would have to say that having a guys like Deluded Trumpet around
    in ever increasing numbers
    (As in a "dime a dozen.")
    was one of several recommendations towards solitude.":O}
    Sides, it's kept me out of trouble.!