1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Brigade in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 11, 2021.

• by booman, Dec 11, 2021 at 1:45 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Strange Brigade is a 3rd person action game that places you in a 1930's Indiana Jones in the middle of Egypt. Play through extremely detailed ancient levels of the dead, enjoy fighting zombies, mummies, huge scorpions, bosses and much more. Each level is filled with puzzles, monster slaying and weapon upgrades. The best part... play with 3 of your friends in online co-op.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/312670/Strange_Brigade/

I knew Strange Brigade existed but didn't give it a second thought because of the price. Then one day during a Steam sale I stumbled across it for $5.00 and couldn't miss this chance. Bought two copies and have been playing co-op with my daughter. Proton handles it perfectly on my GeForce GTX 1060, but my daughters machine had some random crashes with her GeForce GTX 950. For me the game runs really smooth but there is also this strange audio syncing where I can hear the sound, voices and music from her computer in mine. Its really strange and sometimes creates an audio loop. So we had to turn off almost all of her audio and mic settings.

Specs:
    Mint 20.2 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470
    Proton 6.3-8

brigade-22.jpg brigade-21.jpg brigade-20.jpg brigade-19.jpg brigade-18.jpg brigade-17.jpg brigade-16.jpg brigade-15.jpg brigade-14.jpg brigade-13.jpg brigade-12.jpg brigade-11.jpg brigade-10.jpg brigade-9.jpg brigade-8.jpg brigade-7.jpg brigade-6.jpg brigade-5.jpg brigade-4.jpg brigade-3.jpg brigade-2.jpg brigade-1.jpg brigade-0.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 11, 2021.

1. booman
    Finished Strange Brigade with my daughter! It was a LOT of fun!
    I loved the graphics, visuals, enemies and bosses. None of the bosses were so hard that we had to rage quit! We even found that you can purchase new weapons before you begin playing.

I couldn't believe the detail of each map and all the objects and debris. Amazing work!
    Runs perfectly in Proton and my daughter had to run it in DX12 mode while I ran it in Vulkan. Not sure why, but her's would crash when running in Vulkan.

I hope the developers make another one!
  2. booman
    Playing through Strange Brigade again and added a bunch of new screenshots