1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 13, 2022.

• by booman, Dec 13, 2022 at 2:43 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Shadow Of The Tomb Raider is the newest installment of the Tomb Raider series with all the eye-candy, puzzles and action you expect! In fact there are some newer tools and abilities added to the skill tree to help you hunt, find resources, kill enemies, stealthilize and solve puzzles. All the crafting needs for Laura are here as well. Go find the treasure, save the natives and eliminate Trinity! Can't be that hard right?

I was able to pick up "Shadow" during a free event at Epic Games. I'm using Heroic Launcher and Proton but there have been some frustrations. After trying several Proton versions and disabling DirectX 12 there are some performance issues and graphical glitches.

With DirectX 12 enabled the game seems to run fine, but you may see strange patterns and colors appearing the game textures like this...

pretty glitter on his jacket... he he
    Artifacts03.png

Also, there is some kind of memory leak and you will see this random ink splatter appear on the screen and grow until the entire game is black

Artifacts02.png

The performance issues might be Proton related or with my video card, but in large cities and villages the game starts to run very slow. I have found that lowering some of the settings like bloom, motion blur and ambient occlusion can help.

Specs:
    Mint 20.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 515
    Heroic Launcher
    Proton Experimental 7.0-100

shadow-0.jpg shadow-1.jpg shadow-2.jpg shadow-3.jpg shadow-4.jpg shadow-5.jpg shadow-6.jpg shadow-7.jpg shadow-8.jpg shadow-9.jpg shadow-10.jpg shadow-11.jpg shadow-12.jpg shadow-13.jpg shadow-14.jpg shadow-15.jpg shadow-16.jpg shadow-17.jpg shadow-18.jpg shadow-20.jpg shadow-21.jpg shadow-22.jpg shadow-23.jpg shadow-24.jpg shadow-25.jpg shadow-26.jpg shadow-27.jpg shadow-28.jpg shadow-29.jpg shadow-30.jpg shadow-31.jpg shadow-32.jpg shadow-33.jpg shadow-34.jpg shadow-35.jpg shadow-36.jpg shadow-37.jpg shadow-38.jpg shadow-39.jpg shadow-40.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2022

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Dec 13, 2022.