1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portal I & II in Linux

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 20, 2021.

• by booman, Jul 20, 2021 at 1:26 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I started re-playing Portal I & II with my oldest daughter. We are taking turns for every puzzle and its like a co-op experience... a lot of fun! Play as an unfortunate test experiment unit who is forced to go through rigorous and dangerous facilities where your body is thrown into portals across levels for cake. But is there really cake? You'll see...

In Portal II you will re-visit the original testing facility but with a new twist... your test moderator is bitter and angry, now she is punishing you and creating new portal experiments to torture even further. But something is wrong with the facility and everything is falling apart...

Portal I & II ran perfectly in Linux as Valve ported them years ago... I was able to crank all the video settings to HIGH and play without any performance issues on my GeForce GTX 1060. Both game are designed with dramatic lighting and lots of eye candy and animation. I love these games!

Specs:
    Mint 20.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 460

portal-0.jpg portal-1.jpg portal-2.jpg portal-3.jpg portal-4.jpg portal-16.jpg portal-15.jpg portal-14.jpg portal-13.jpg portal-12.jpg portal-11.jpg portal-5.jpg portal-6.jpg portal-7.jpg portal-9.jpg portal-10.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Daerandin
    I love these games so much! Have you tried the actual co-op mode in Portal 2?
  2. booman
    Yes, remember a few years ago we did some of it together!

I have to purchase another copy so my daughter and I can do the co-op together.
    Daerandin likes this.
  3. Daerandin
    Yeah you are right. I had forgotten about that, must have been a few years ago.
    booman likes this.