1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dungeon siege 3 problems

Discussion in 'Crashed!' started by dem, Sep 1, 2014.

1. dem

dem Member

THe problem with wine games, at least for my own experience, is that something wich will work on your machine, will not necessary work on mine...Even the platinum ranked games.

Playing native is not a big deal. It's what I do myself, and still have plenty of fun. For me, I still have about 20games I bought on my steam and humble accounts that I have to play. Not speaking of the games I plan to buy soon (xcom, wastelands 2, SR:R dragonfall).

My brother prefers action and managing games, so he will play metro, brutal legend, mark of ninja, civilisation 5, and when he will have finished these games, he will be able to buy half life 2 or tropico5, for example.

And the coolest thing is that every day the linux gaming offering is growing, thanks to Steam, Humble bundle and (in my opinion at least) Ubuntu.
  2. mrdeathjr28

mrdeathjr28 Active Member

For disgrace this situation is very common because still wine runs for one user maybe for other not

Because not use same distro (this implies various changes at kernel and other things), not same hardware, not same drivers, not same wine version and many other things related with hardware and software used

However in middle of this many things run

:)
  3. dem

dem Member

Yes some things works great. Startrek online and neverwinter work flawlessly on my brother PC. Almost maxed out @ stable 60fps, even if on neverwinter I had to disable glgls and vertical sync to keep these 60fps.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    That really sucks because most of my games work. At least 90% of them run in Wine and I've spent the last year-n-a-half showing the world how to do it.
    I know hardware and drivers have a lot to do with it, but most people with my kind of setup seem to have success as well.
    Mint and Nvidia

I would love to go "native only" but I have Waaaaaay too many Retail and window$ only games. I would have to sacrifice all of them.