1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Dub Tapes: Playing with audio stuff

Discussion in 'Hacking' started by Aremis, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Aremis

Aremis Member

I have a need to use my ipod 5.5. In an effort to try and push myself to get this done, I'll be running this thread as a.... 'guide to good audio' were you to want to dub down or get samples for later tracks.

I'm going to cover some software tools, even on older platforms, that can be run to manage this, and even some ways to Cheat DRM detection, or how to just ignore it in general.

More to come, waking up rn
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Awesome! I'm no "audiophile" but I love good sounding music, soud effects in movies and games.
    I've worked with audio for years and even recorded a few albums back in 2001 & 2002
    Aremis likes this.
  3. Aremis

Aremis Member

Lol. I have a PowerBook G4, which is holy shit fast for audio work. Basically I want to take old tools you can get keys for and make a guide for like "Here's how you 2X a youtube track and dub it back so you can pirate an album" etc lol, but I also have old tape decks and record players I wanna play with between each other.
    booman likes this.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Nice! I still have my college 8-track-recorder song I wrote and recorded. I rented a multi-track recorder and laid down all the tracks for:
    • Drums
    • Guitar
    • Bass
    • Vocals
    Later in 2001 I recorded my first album digitally with Cakewalk. Then in 2002 I recorded my second album. I've waited 20 years to build my own recording studio but have yet to buy a house. One day I hope. I still have plans and still rehearse my music.
    Aremis likes this.
  5. Aremis

Aremis Member

I have been playing with Drumbit a lot lately. Been thinking I wanted something for music production, but honestly I get enough growls out of drum machines alone I don't think I need anything more than that.

So Imma start doing some angry raps :3