1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today is a day of sorrow.

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    i have posted rather briefly about the good folks I have come to know here at Clear waters campground/trailer park.

I left out the difficulty more than half of us. have with alcohol. Chronic in all seasons.

Today one of my closer neighbors stripped down a walked towards the river weeping as he went.
    Another neighbor came and got me as I have been working in my way to help the man in question.

I sat with him as he wept.

"I see you having a bad day old son, what troubles you so?"

It was 5 mins before he could bring himself to answer.

"yesterday I went to work for my son. As I was leaving my son told me he loved me and I sensed the wrongness in it. But I said nothing.
    today he blew his brains out, the only child I had and now I have nothing."

Still afraid he might try to drown himself I told him he cannot escape this pain. that it was his lot now to grieve and suffer his loss. Then I told he must stay in life to see his son buried and at rest in God.

We sat for another 10 or 15 mins, he pulled his pants back on and went home to his empty trailer.

"This shall pass."

We too shall pass.

There is no stopping what is to come, we are "hostage to fortune."

If you can, please say a prayer for fathers who must bury their son's..
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I'm unhappy to learn of your neighbor's loss of his son. It'd be a good idea to keep an eye on him when you can. That river of yours is bone chilling cold.

I am doing my best to forgive my father. He was a very cruel man, but not in all things. I acknowledge that he also did very loving things for me. He lost a son to suicide, he was my younger brother. Plus he lost his brother to suicide. Other than a half brother and half sister who I don't communicate with I'm the last one left.

Oops, not right there. I have two cousins, my uncle's daughters. His older daughter keeps barely in touch. I'm learning that great beauty isn't a passport to a happy or easy life.

I'm doing my best not to follow that unfortunate family tradition.
  3. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    There are so many dark spots in this bright and shinning world. It is far to easy to be engulfed by what is wrong while trying to find what is right. try to remember that every day a new Sun arises to banish all darkness and bring fourth the new.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Good reply. Thank you.