1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread set: OS's.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Aremis, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Aremis

Aremis Member

Yeah yeah this is a place for gaaaaaames. But hear me out.

I use arch, netrunner (debian), and slackware. I can't go into a thread and say HEY LOOK AT THIS with slackware because no one will care and the one other slackware guy that might be here won't see it because it'll disappear into the abyss.

What do we do? Make a thread set for specific OS's! (Arch, Debian, Gentoo, Slackware, uhhhh and whatever else you can think of).

Making a new home for these threads would be a lot cooler than searching the general linux thing for anything on slackware or the 4 threads about arch.

Just a thought.
  2. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Not a bad idea, but the problem with creating more forums is that we risk spreading our content so thin that we end up looking like a wasteland (40 forums with one thread each, as opposed to 4 forums with 10 threads each; which is better?)
  3. Aremis

Aremis Member

Well yeah I know but what about sub-forums? Maybe in like general linux you can do gen-lin slackware or something like that. I dunno just a place for people to say "Hey I did this!" In Debian you can do something and everyone is like HOLY HELL MAN! here because most users use Debian. Last I knew, including me, about 7 people indefinately use arch. Daendrin is the only one I have talked to so far.

It would just be really cool to see like Linux, then Slack, Debian, Arch, and maybe OTHER for like risc or something. That's all
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Don't forget we are pretty small at this point. If we have separate forums for each popular OS and only a handful of us use them, then there probably won't be a lot of posts.
    Of course I'll give my two-cents on just about any post anyways!
    As we get bigger this would be great because I'm sure people will have questions about their OS and it would be nice to have a dedicated forum for it.

Only use 3 Linux distro's right now and don't have the time to experiment with others. So I won't be contributing much.
    Aremis likes this.