1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Proton - Run Windows Games with Wine

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 23, 2018.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 23, 2018.

1. booman
    Exactly... I understand that millions of dollars were invested in making a AAA game, but its the same for movies as well. You can see a movie on opening night for under $20.00 in US. So why do games charge up to $60.00???

You can donate if you like, we are having a hard time covering hosting costs.
    I'll send you a PM
    gamesrule likes this.
  2. gamesrule
    Couldn't agree more; they are billionaires already, and could charge a third of the price easily ... along with producing properly finished games, good support, dropping any lock-in stuff and data-mining! ... just a few major areas, lol. Charging less they'd likely sell more, and customers wouldn't get so extra upset about any occasional temporary genuine glitch.
  3. booman
    Good point... I can't remember how many times I've heard someone who was angry with a buggy game because they spent the full $60 at release.

Like the whole No Man's Sky release and The Witcher 2 port release.
    gamesrule likes this.
  4. gamesrule
    Thanks, and, yes, some really bad blow ups about some Linux games in the past. Always best to wait for sales etc, and, with so many games, there's plenty to enjoy when waiting for any particular one. :)
  5. batmanm0b1e
    Here guys some tricks you can do with proton
    booman likes this.
  6. booman
    Awesome! Thank you