1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slime Rancher

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Feb 16, 2021.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Technopeasant
    Would you be able to tell me how you got the mutliplayer mod to work? I have not even been able to get it working on Windows.
    booman likes this.
  2. booman
    Funny you mentioned this! I just started playing with my daughters again this week.

I can't believe they are requiring money for the multiplayer mod now. I got it for free.

I'm trying to remember how I got it working....
    There is a Mods directory in the game folder.

I have the two multiplayer files in this directory

upload_2022-12-16_11-29-22.png

I am using the GOG version of Slime Rancher, but if you are using the Steam version you will need to extract the mod files to the game folder in the Steamapps common folder

/home/username/.local/share/Steam/Steamapps/common/Slime Rancher/Mods

Then when you launch the game you will see a menu open at the top right like this where you can create a multiplayer game and configure a few settings

upload_2022-12-16_11-35-24.png
    Technopeasant likes this.
  3. Technopeasant
    I don't mind paying for the mod provided I can get it to work. o_O

I will try and replicate your results. I am using the GOG version also.

Thanks for replying.
  4. Technopeasant
    Eureka! I needed to put it in the "game" directory, as I was putting it in the root directory for the game. Thanks again!
    booman likes this.
  5. booman
    Awesome! Glad it is working for you.

The only issues we've noticed is the computer hosting the game can slow down a bit when all players are in the same area if it is highly populated with slime. Other than that, there are some issues with the food dispenser and the bots.
  6. Technopeasant
    Curiously I had to just put it in the base directory to get it working on Windows 11.