1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GTX760 choice validation ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dem, Sep 21, 2014.

1. dem

dem Member

Hi,

Since we didn't find good solution for my brother's PC (see other topics I posted recently), we choosed the easy way, so he will buy a new nvidia graphics card.

THe choice we made is the MSI gaming nvidia GTX 760 OC 2gb ddr5. I'd like to be sure this card will be perfectly compatible (of course using proprietary drivers) with Ubuntu current version + steam linux, and also that it will offer the best result under wine games too.

We'd like to order the card as soon as possible, so your help will be appreciated.

thanks
  2. dem

dem Member

Hi,

I made a few researchs myself, and finally my brother ordered the card ;)

Another guy gaming on linux ! With a lot better machine than mine : i5 4670K (4.2ghz oc), msi z87-g43 motherboard, corsair vengeance 8gb ram @1600mhz, and soon the gtx760 oc 2gb ddr5.
    mrdeathjr28 likes this.
  3. mrdeathjr28

mrdeathjr28 Active Member

Very good card with enough power (sorry if you can wait to october nvidia shows low price, this card fall to 220us)

And seems in same month nvidia shows Geforce 960

However in your described hardware, many things must run very smooth like as wine in many games

Resuming very good hardware selection, especially if use wine

:)
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    So what games is he playing and how well are they running!
    That card should handle them all!
  5. dem

dem Member

My brother bought this card because he had a saving coupon until month end ! He made a really good deal ;)

Concerning the games, he prefer big games (mostly action), where I prefer indie games. For example, he doesn't understand why I like faster than light !

On the last setup I built for him, with the radeon card, he obtained allready very good results. I can't imagine how good the performances will be with a more powerfull card perfectly supported by linux ! the pc will litteraly fly I presume.