1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft posted the source code for dotnetcore!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steve723, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I'm not convinced this is true. One can acquire power by being truthful, or at least this has been my experience. The catch is that once one gets a taste of power, it becomes extremely tempting to do whatever is necessary to keep said power. In other words "Power Corrupts".
  2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Thank you. ":O}

George trust me...Mint 17.3 requires very little in the way of knowledge, what it does require is most easily found here.":O}
  3. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    One either seeks to understand or seeks to control. One owes allegiance to truth or to power.

One servers mana or heaven, once cannot do both at once. One Tells the truth
    or one lives with the lie. To live with a lie is to serve power...

I believe your religion teaches that one must:
    "Know the truth and the truth will set you free"
    When dealing with forces this powerful, that they may actually free one...
    One must indeed be Cautious.

It it my opinion that which the truth frees us from is any dependence upon power to achieve our aims.
    Power..i.e. force...must be renounced at every turn if the truth is to shine within us and dispel the darkness that is power.
  4. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    We may be swinging at the same tree using different axes here; I'm not entirely certain.

One can gain influence, that is 'power', by seeking to understand. When you understand, you can offer guidance. This guidance may or may not be accepted by others, but where accepted it can allow one the ability to shape an outcome to a particular end. This is not the same as seeking to enforce one's will, which is what I take it you mean in your application of the word 'power'.

Daniel, I have GREATLY missed our conversations, and I am glad you are feeling better.