1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layers Of Fear 2 in PlayOnLinux

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 14, 2020.

• by booman, Nov 14, 2020 at 9:45 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    After finishing Layers Of Fear 1, I wanted more... more jump scares, more super detailed environments, more psychological fear, more creepy sounds... more of everything! Layers Of Fear 2 does not disappoint!

layersf-28.jpg

Your nightmare begins on an old 1920s cruise ship where there is a film production taking place. Among the ship is all kinds of props and scenery for the film... but what is the film about? Are you an actor? The game quickly becomes very creepy as you re-live the adventures of stowaway children... a young girl and her brother.

https://www.gog.com/game/layers_of_fear_2

The graphics are very detailed and beautiful as expected. Even the water effects are very realistic. You will find yourself exploring some surreal environments that are pretty strange, but compellingly scary. This might actually be a nightmare of a small boys imagination. My GeForce GTX 1060 was able to handle the game nicely. At first the game was crashing because it was missing Media Foundation (mf-install) and even after installing it, I found it crashing at a specific spot in the game. Some reddit gamers pointed me to a launch command: -onethread

This tells the game to disable multi-threading for processors and then the crashing halted. I was able to play without any serious issues and all the video settings on high. Make sure to run the game with the argument -onethread and install the following:
    Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 450.80
    PlayOnLinux 4.3.4
    ProtonGE 5.0-9 64-bit
    DXVK 1.7.2 64-bit

layersf-0.jpg layersf-2.jpg layersf-4.jpg layersf-8.jpg layersf-10.jpg layersf-12.jpg layersf-14.jpg layersf-16.jpg layersf-18.jpg layersf-20.jpg layersf-22.jpg layersf-24.jpg layersf-26.jpg layersf-30.jpg layersf-32.jpg layersf-34.jpg layersf-36.jpg layersf-38.jpg layersf-40.jpg layersf-42.jpg layersf-44.jpg layersf-46.jpg layersf-48.jpg
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 14, 2020.