1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing steam: Well this is wierd

Discussion in 'Crashed!' started by Aremis, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Aremis

Aremis Member

I have recently gotten an Asus G50VT. Since this is not a main system for me I don't really care what I have installed so I backed up the few files I had and decided to install the Arch based distro of Netrunner, which happens to me one of my favorite distributions in the first place.

Now, these are both positives to me. Netrunner and arch together make god. The main issue I have right now though is installing steam. If you know modern linux systems then this error-out will confuse you just as much as me.

lib32-libgudev and lib32-systemd are in conflict (lib32-systemd<221)

Wat.

It is because of this I can't install steam and I don't really know what to do about it. It doesn't matter to me since I can install steam in wine, though I would prefer to have as few games as possible in wine.

Suggestions?
  2. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    I don't know how Netrunner is set up, but this just looks like a simple version issue. In Arch, lib32-libgudev is not in the repositories, but it is available in the AUR. If Netrunner does not use it's own repos, then you have lib32-libgudev installed from the AUR, in which case you will need to uninstall it, then do a full system update. You should then be able to install steam no problem. If you need the lib32-libgudev package for some reason, then you can simply build it again after the system update.
    Aremis and booman like this.