1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drakensang Online Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by booman, Oct 10, 2014.

• by booman, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Drakensang is free-to-play MMO RPG and only requires a few minutes to setup. The download is literally under 10 Megabytes and the game loads in seconds. If you want to play a quick game with stunning graphics, intense minion skirmishes and cooperative gameplay (PvE & PvP)... Drakensang is the best place to begin!

UPDATE 2024!
    Drakensang Online is now available on Steam and links your steam account directly to the Drakensang servers. No need to login or create a password.

There are a few steps for Drakensang Online to run properly in Steam with Proton!

The Cursor works again! Well at least half of it...
    Change the proton version to Proton Experimental
    Delete the prefix: ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2067850
    Restart Steam and it should appear with half of a cursor!

Launch options: -borderless -novideo -high

Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 535
    Proton Experimental 8

dsang-0.jpg dsang-1.jpg dsang-2.jpg dsang-3.jpg dsang-4.jpg dsang-5.jpg dsang-6.jpg dsang-7.jpg dsang-8.jpg dsang-9.jpg dsang-10.jpg dsang-11.jpg dsang-12.jpg dsang-13.jpg dsang-14.jpg dsang-15.jpg dsang-16.jpg dsang-17.jpg dsang-18.jpg dsang-19.jpg dsang-20.jpg dsang-21.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024

Comments

Discussion in 'Guides' started by booman, Oct 10, 2014.

1. booman
    Be sure to delete the prefix!
    ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/2067850
  2. stormpower7
    It works, but I have two issues: whenever I restart the game I lose the cursor and the game dosent start full resolution (it just shows a 1/4 of the screen) until I do the deleting prefix trick again.
  3. stormpower7
    Also, its again asking to logging into dso servers.
  4. booman
    Hmm I've been playing for a few weeks now and I only had to delete the prefix once. Are you using this launch option for fullscreen?
    Code:
    -borderless -novideo -high
    Also, in Mint I have to make my bottom panel auto-hide otherwise the game plays behind it.
  5. stormpower7
    Yes I did, but it hasent worked. I forced d3d and I got full screen consistently back but then I lost the cursor again.
    booman likes this.
  6. booman
    Ok that is really strange. Have you tried ProntGE yet?
    This worked on two of my computers at home. Mine and my wife's.
    Maybe try Proton 8 as an experiment

Well the workaround is the terminal command...
  7. stormpower7
    Apparently there was a Drakensang (or maybe a proton experimental) update, and now it's working, only the Linux Mint bottom panel autohide requirement remains. So I guess we are golden!
  8. booman
    Awesome! I'm glad its working now!
    Yes I have to manually hide the bottom panel as well.
    stormpower7 likes this.