1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Linux

Discussion in 'Installing Linux' started by ChristopherValenti12, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Bummer. It arrives tomorrow. I may be able to use it on my PS4. When I plugged directly to the TV I gave me HDR despite being as 1080 slim.if not, not to worry. I can send it back without penalty.":O)

I have a I have Roku's Ultra Model #4660X2.

Look K. This is on me! I gave you bad info on my receiver. I thought I had checked all the boxes when I bought it, but this got by me.

So Can I go the other way and use the Hisense as my switcher...will that get me what I'm looking for?
  2. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

Not really, no - because your HDMI-2 ARC connector's broken :(

On your TV, only HDMI-1 and HDMI-2 are really 4K capable, of which, only HDMI-1 is working. If all had been working well, you could've put an HDMI splitter onto HDMI-1 to receive all your gadgets, then the TV would've controlled the AVR through HDMI-2. You might have needed to muck about with time delays to get the lip-sync right, but that's just fiddling.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    K wrote:

D~, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I did some more reading into your Denon AVR-S500BT - the S500BT is NOT HDCP2.2-compliant

Daniel responds.:
    Wait! Does the receiver have to be ? Didn't we buy the Zerone HDMI EDID Feeader EDID Manager Emulator Support 4K CEC, 1.4V HDMI Cable, because we suspected the receiver's incompetence in passing 2.2 information? In short might it work for us in faking a 2.2 capability?

Believe me I see no m ore than a 5% chance of my being right on this. Please less than 5% is humiliating! ":O}
  4. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

No, I'd suggested that because I'd assumed that your Roku wasn't getting 4K for the same reason that your computer wasn't - which is that the AVR doesn't pass correct EDIDs to video sources. The Zerone box only provides a valid EDID - it does not impact HDCP - High Definition Content Protection at all.

For HDCP to work, every device that decodes the HDMI signal in the loop has to be HDCP compliant - that means Roku, AVR and TV. Your AVR is not HDCP 2.2 compliant, so when your AVR is in the loop, you cannot view material using this form of content protection. That's, unfortunately, the end of the story there.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    Well, it's still a very nice picture even without bells a whistles.And we did get 430 drivers up and running.
    and despite all my efforts to the contrary I did learn a bit here and there..

You've really been great K. Without you I would have never figured this out.
    So it wouldn't work for my PS4 slim either.

I took a closer look while I was messing about. The ARC plug isn't actually bent!

I just doesn't work...could I be messing up in my settings somehow. or is it not working the final word as well?

Sorry I always have trouble letting these things go.":O{}

I actually have trouble letting go of you as well. I really enjoy these cut and paste adventures we take. And why Wouldn't I ? You do all the work! ":O}
  6. Daniel~

Home page:
    I showed Patti your current Genealogy We both thought you answer very amusing as in we are still laughing.
  7. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

On the basis that during our efforts, it didn't work with either the AVR plugged in, or the computer plugged in directly, I'm gonna go with "doesn't work" being the final answer...
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Thank you....I just needed someone to give me the hard word.":O}