1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's heard Little Richard sing "Shake a Hand"?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    One of the greats! So many eager hearts found a voice in this song! ":O}
  2. Daniel~

Home page:
    I loved this song in 5th grade! But even then I questioned the idea that two romantically inclined Indians could not find a suitable crossing, one that would not drown them. But now I see I was wrong! Their tribes warred upon each other.There can be no life apart from family in the wilds. Will Romeo never live out his days and grow old with Juliet?
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

When you hate yourself you are blind to the love found in the world. What a place to be! Luckily I don't always hate myself, if I did I'd be long gone long ago. Hate doesn't seem like a fallacy when it's all you can see. It's as real as a rock.

Love is all you need, the Beatles were right about that. Letting that happen in your life may be a difficult task. It's the only worthwhile task.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Phil Spector was a musical genius, or at least produced music a great degree better than most can. Sad that he's in prison for violence. Not all genius is 100% on the good side of the ledger.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I don't recall the woman being this beautiful, but nothing's wrong with that.

6. Daniel~

Home page:
    I try to reserve my true hate for those that deserve it.
    The unthinking perverse and evil intending inanimate objects of my world!

The power cord that never once twists in the right direction to easily plug it in.
    The puddle that forms n the middle of the walkway instead of beside it!
    The hex screw drive that comes to hand when you need a Philips.

The wad of trash that never goes into the waste basket on the first try.

These unthinking unfeeling assholes have ruined my life!

I'm trying to properly understand as to weather Republicans are really inanimate objects
    or just really stupid people. Bill Marr says we shouldn't tell them when they are stupid as it hurts their feeling and inspires retaliation.

My personal feeling is that We owe it to them to tell them how stupid they are, if we don't they are plenty dumb enough to go right on being stupid.

Check out the tax cut they worship.
    Check out the bigotry they endorse

But for my all time personal favorite Check out the Christian whose triple divorce, 17 accusations of sexual molestation, the access Hollywood tape on grabbing female genitalia: the man whose loyalties cannot be questioned as loyalty is something he possess not at all.

That paramount of Christian virtue. Your president but not mine Fat boy donny.
    The guy that is currently under 17 separate investigations of criminality.
    From Charity fraud to tax fraud, from treason to purging our civil servants.

How stupid do you have to be to support tummy?
    Republican stupid and that's as stupid as anyone can get.

So who is kinder me who tells you your stupid or Trummy who loves and endorsers your stupidity?
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    Freshmen year in high school, my friend Cecil spent his allowance on this 45.

8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Another week another record...

9. Daniel~

Home page:
    First year of collage, Hippies had gained control of the world...LOL

10. Daniel~

Home page:
    When was the last time you were Zaped?

11. Daniel~

Home page:
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    Never really got into E.P. But there's a few songs I really like...here comes one now!

13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I don't think that the monster is stupid in a low IQ sense. He's only concerned with himself and I suppose his family members. That's his universe, there's definitely not enough oomph in him for him to even concern himself with ANYTHING else. Such blind selfishness in a national leader is obviously solid ground for impeachment.

I'm not in awe of criminals in public office. There is NO "public" within the fat golfing pos.
    Republicans renounced all care of anything other than themselves years ago. He's a "leader" that suits their extremely narrow interests.

If only the DNC cared one iota for the man in the street. They are halfway or more to Trumpville imho.
  14. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

"Under the Boardwalk" has somewhat forbidden attraction. What are those young people doing in the dark? Great song, no doubt!
  15. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I was very enthused about Cream in the beginning, but they are certainly not one of my favorite groups.
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Weren't under three minute songs great? Moved to Southern California at about the time this tune was new. Surfboards were rather long in those days, had to carry my ratty board down a steep dirt hill and of course back up it on the way back.

Summer of '64. Pali High that autumn and then moved to Switzerland before winter really set in. Interesting year it was, took many years to really appreciate that time.
  17. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

If I only could forget this song...

Definitely a stick in your brain song.
  18. Daniel~

Home page:

I just once again stepped into the whirling mix and am as always amazed at the dexterity and fluidity of it's lyrics.

a mind overwhelmed by the patterns everywhere to be found then repeating within us gathering our perceptions and turning them back upon ourselves as the circle completes the world by returning.

Constructs forming to express the collapsing cycles of ever self renewing time.

What an adventure in poetry! What an exploration of he "Reality, Ego interface."

Is this mine just because it came from me? Or do I belong to it as it always was, before me.

"And the child is the father of the man."

take a little trip with me hey?

picture two separate circles.one placed above the other Each represents a complete cycle of time.

place a dot on the out line of the lower circle. as time is directional this dot can represent the present moment in the cycle. As time is directional if that dot moves the only way it may return is by circumventing the entire cycle of time to again reach it's point of departure.

No matter how cyclic we know the seasons to be, we experience those season linearly, sequentially moment by moment each moment passing never to return.

We can only ever alter the moment we are in. But in every cycle there are moments more amiable to alteration. To a variation in the cycle. There are moments fixed and unalterable that no amount of wisdom or effort can change. These unalterable momenst occur more and more frequently as we approach the end of a maturing cycle. As deeds done come to limit deeds that can be done.

If we do not experience cycles as cycles but as moments spuraticly springing up before us. Then how can we avoid being trapped in times cycles repeating each seasons good, each seasons bad without choice nor direction?
    . Lets explore a bit. While on or in the first cycle circle we can only go blindly forward into whatever Our cycle of time takes us. As the road is curved we can't see very far ahead to prepare for what may be coming.

But we are not passing though the very first cycle of time, but rather an infinite permutation of that cycle.

What we cant know by passing though this moment we can learn from having passed this way before.

Place another dot this time place on the second circle. place it exactly on the outline of it's circle so one dot sits above the other dot

They now represent two separate cycles of time. But the same moment in each cycle.

But as importantly they contain an alterable moment. A chance to not do as we have done before.
    What makes this possible is recondition though similarity in kind.

"I have been here before"

ring true to us even as we realize that it is literally impossible, as time is directional.

What has been here before is the pattern contained within the cycle which is of course a pattern in itself.
    But there is only one world, why do we need a second circle?
    So we can see it! ":O}

When the dots Aline a moment of recognition of pattern occurs, or rather can occur.

In the same way a certain bright and sunny day will awaken our memories to many other past bright and sunny days.

It is in a general knowledge of what is to come that human beings have excelled.

When I put on sun screen in deference to past bright and sunny days it means that in that the two dots a lined and I recognized that I was occupying the same moment that in a past cycle in which I was barbecued.

Animals live with a very limited access to past cycles. very limited predictive abilities.

Humans can draw from thousands of cycles. But to effect change one must recognize where in the cycle to intervene in order to effect positive change. And equally when there is nothing that can be done.
    Last step
    Draw a short line between the two dots. a ramp up from the lower circle to the second circle.

This (with a bit of imagination) creates a spiral. which represents the real world integration of sequential change and cyclic change, they both occur within one another, every moment cyclic every moment sequential,
    To alter any cyclic change takes a long time and careful work by way of sequential change. We wish to alter the cyclic floods. As they have always come we have no model to make such a change.

Something that has never before happened is what we want to occur to prevent something that has always happened.
    But if we want to work effectively we much pick the right time. We must recognize that this can only be done if we act at the right time..i.e before the floods.

We can not stop the water but we can alter the flood.":O}
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    No George that is purest truth, it is we who are the lie.
  20. Daniel~

Home page:
    one of the finest of our generation..You can skip, but don't stop before he creates 12 string mayhem! If your preserving he sings in the second half.

Last edited: May 3, 2019