1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's heard Little Richard sing "Shake a Hand"?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Mar 30, 2018.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I can't sing any more. You use it or lose it. Forty years of heavy smoking made it difficult to sing well, it was always a challenge.
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Another oldie..

3. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Europeans, Asians, Africans Weather the came here or were brought in chains, all left the soil that gave them birth to gain a "new land."

As a decedent of those who journeyed there is no where that I can stand and say this is the place that gave birth and rise to me and mine.

Traditions we claimed to have preserved vanished in those ocean of crossings.

Elephants have begun to bully and kill Rhino and Hippo at the watering holes, never before had they behaved in this way.

Why now?

The elephants that are turning to killing are young just now maturing males.
    Normally they would belong to a "clan" of bulls much older larger and more powerful. The presence of the older Bulls would keep the younger bulls from coming into musk. A state of breeding readiness that puts bulls very much on edge.

The young don't go into musk because the larger bulls would kill them, so nature protects them and doesn't allow them to interfere with the older bulls until fully mature.

The young elephants doing the senseless killing are orphans, the older bulls having been wiped out.
    They have no one to guide them. The chain of cultured has been destroyed

Only the first Peoples can stand here and say this land raised me up among people who belong to this Earth.

The rest of us must morn our loss. We seem to believe getting rid of those who belong will make this land ours...and it will. We just have to put in the time, say 10,000 years that those who now belong here did.

Someday we might actually make reparations to the black men and women we enslaved and brought here.

But for those we slaughtered in their millions, a slaughter that makes Nazi Germany seem kind,
    We offer nothing. How can we if we have already declared them extinct.

I am far form the first "white man" to point out that they were better than those who took them out of life.
    Theirs was a more culturally complete life which they made room for all within the tribe. Outcasts were very rare.

We can claim the nation. We can pound our chests and echo our fathers claims.
    But this land will never be ours. It will always be walked the ghosts of our betters.

That the first People still see and revere those ghosts, still hear the pleas that were ignored that we should show mercy if we have no justice within us. Haunts us and we wish them gone, pretend that they, we took everything from are no more.

So here we be, murderous in our anger killing hippos at the watering hole and pretending we are in the right.
    All we are really asking for is that the right should please go away.

Did I make you feel bad? Here's how to feel better. Give back 25% of every thing we took.

Surprise surprise we don't feel nearly as bad about genocide and racism as we thought.

I have always been amazed at what people allow to fill their hearts and minds. What they replace the love and compassion they were born to share with. The lies they love more than truth.

No where are my thoughts more clearly expressed than in our treatment of the Americans we annihilated then
    and now pretend that they are all gone and can't there fore be helped to recover from our onslaught.

Why help them when it only makes me feel bad? Because it would help THEM!
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    But one hopes you use to sing better than the honeycombs...":O}
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

After witnessing the "superiority of the White Man" in practice I lost all fondness for "our Way." I lost all pride in "being an American." When we permitted the Trump to inhabit the house of White for two going on four years what possible excuse can we give ourselves? Trump is the symptom we are the true disease.

It's easy to develop a hatred for all things that make us die in our tracks. Cultivating a kindness toward those who sincerely wish to attempt to expiate our White Man's guilt is not as simple as it should be.
    I do my best because hatred can easily take over my brain. There are simply a million reasons to hate OUR culture.

Argh, bringing goodness and joy to humanity isn't easy. It should be. I try.
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

No I can't and couldn't sing it better than the original. What, me a Pavarotti? The weird "jangly" guitar part draws me to the song.
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    It may seem strange to some... but you know what realty sticks in my craw in this political and moral morass? It's that

they let that fat **** hold the Lincoln Bible.

"Many a time I have gone to my knees simply because I had no where else to go"

Who can hear his words and not feel his pain?
    Who can read these words and not know that Lincoln bore the sins of our nation
    and laid down his life to see us one, to see us free.

If one man stands for sacrificial blood spilled to free mankind in our country's history
    That man could only be Lincoln.

And they let that slobbering drooling pig put his hands upon his Bible.
    A Bible left in trust to our people. Lincoln belongs to us, but perhaps his Bible belongs to God?

" Lincoln now belongs to the ages."

They let him touch what he will never understand let alone possess.

A part of me has felt unclean since that day. It felt like they were giving Satan the throne of God to defile.
  8. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Pardon my ignorance please, but is Thug Trump the fat **** in question? Why would he have the slightest interest in holding a bible? He KNOWS he is god.

I'd add "kill me now" but that's tempting fate at my age.
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    Evil nearly always seeks to impersonate the good.
    Few are so depraved as to seek evil because it is evil.

But dress up a lynching as protecting southern virtue and we have got a Par-ta!

In Trummy's case yeah I think he knew he defiling it and it titillated him. For Trummy it was hold the Bible, impersonate the good while I defile it. A win win.

He has forgotten if he ever knew

"The wheel grinds slowly
    but exceedingly fine."
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
  13. Daniel~

Home page:
    Why doe everything always lead back to George!?

14. Daniel~

Home page:
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
    If we've listened to this it was LAST summer...so there!

As much as I liked this song, my reaction to it's outlook has always been..."Sorry honey that's not good enough, let's part now.":O}
  16. Daniel~

Home page:
    Sorry a repeat I know, but I'm in a mood...You don't have to listen ya know. ":O}

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    I fell in love with this song a boy. I was watching "Mighty Joe Young" a giant ape story.
    He's been brought to NY along with his female human companion. It's the Big Reveal!

A formal opera house setting
    The house darkens completely A single spot light suddenly illuminates our beautiful star.
    shes in white and seated at a grand piano that makes her look very small., a completely classical performance in presentation. She begins to play this song. As she plays the platform the piano and she sit upon begins a slow rotation. AS she plays the rotation continues but she begins to rise though the dark space surrounding her.

As she continues the stage lights come up and beneath her her stands Mighty Joe slowly rotating and looking upwards completely enchanted by her and her music.
    the curtain comes down

Then of course things all go to shit.

But It remains one of the great "Entrances" I have ever seen. So beautiful I still weep tor recount it.

18. Daniel~

Home page:
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    Saving the best for last...just found this.

As we can see while I retained the essence I mis-remembered quite a few detains. Memory completely left the "Presenter" out.
    ' and greatly enhanced the setting,I also edited out the tikky tackky jungle crap. and gave it a formal setting
    i remember theater seating.. My memory carried forward none of the gross cartoonish, claymation aspects of the film. It would seem my memory is a purest! LOL

Interestingly enough, now that I have re-watched it, my memory doesn't snap back into line as it would for most things, accepting reality's version over my own.
    In the movie vault of my mind it seems that by reality, I'm unswayed~ LOL

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

My dad told me about this early part of his career, but I didn't believe him. Even though he was the spitting image of the great ape seen in this video, and even the right size I always thought he was boasting. You can easily see that the "man" thought he was King Kong--- he was secretly very angry that he didn't measure up to the king himself.

He took out his rage on his wives and kids, wasn't he the greatest?