1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surely not...

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by cloasters, Jan 30, 2019.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    "All institutions are subject to decay and there fore grow corrupt over the course of time."
    I-Ching

(This is a cyclic event and there fore a natural occurrence and due to human nature cannot over long periods of time be avoided.)

"Hence there follows the Hexagram of revolution.
    Revolution means doing away with that which has become antiquated and introducing the "NEW".
  3. Kaitain

Kaitain Active Member

Not really - revolution is derived from revolve, so revolution really means that the wheel turns and the cycle begins again. Put another way, doing the same old shit and expecting a different outcome.

When you look at the revolutions of the last few hundred years, the narrative of the poor and dispossessed ordinary people throwing off the shackles of their oppressors is very thin: the truth has been that the poor fulfilled their traditional role of providing the cannon fodder for a power play between the ruling class and the next echelon just below them. Once the dust settles, the poor are still poor, the downtrodden still downtrodden. There's just a different monkey at the top of the tree.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

And monkeys, or at least chimpanzees commit murder.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    One may of course provide definitions as they are needed when trying to get to the truth of a thing.

The I-Ching uses the definition I have provided here. A substantial difference between our two definitions
    is hinted at with this statement also from the I-Ching.

"Revolution comes in it's own time."

You see or rather your statement only covers political revolutions..."Which are always fought with danger."

But in my view Revolution isn't strictly a "human" event. Rather human events, like all of nature must under go
    a revolution whose time has come.

The seasons show us revolution in the course of the year. Anything that has a life cycle knows revolution.

However humans of the past went to great troubles in order to understand how a successful revolution may be undertaken.

A brief outline:

1. Any revolution must always truly relive the needs of the people.

2. Compromise with evil is not possible. Evil must branded as evil at every turn.

3. The right man, a man who is in accord with the "Time" and the needs of the people and who has a clear view of what is to come, must be at hand. He must have clear convincing and inspiring aims and be able to convey them to the people at large.

4. The revolutionaries must be constantly on guard that no evil is carried over from the past. They must see to it that a clean sweep is made so that no retardation occur.

5. We must guard against excess of every kind taking care to remain in the mists of the people , one must instigate change but without going to far.

Only when these conditions are met can we hope for a successful out come.

The time of revolution is extremely dangerous. Even when the above conditions are met...well...

"What can go wrong, will go wrong".

For these reason revolution should only be undertaken when all other efforts have failed to bring about reform.

Weather we succeed or fail depends only in part upon our understanding of revolution.

We must await the right time in which to act. It does no good to seed a field in the wrong season.

As this is the case it is imperative that we understand...

"Revolution comes in it's own time"

and so for revolution we have to await the right time.

The I-Ching reminds us that political revolutions fail as often as they succeed.

In Nature:
    Revolution strips the trees bare of leaf.
    Revolution levels mountains though constant change and alternation.
    Each day the sun overthrows the night and each night prepares the coming of day.

Revolution is inherent in cyclic change, when a thing becomes to full revolution is at hand

for every imbalance must stand to correction in nature.

Revolution is the corrective agent in change, it restores balance and then introduces the new.
    while maintaining and improving upon the useful.

Revolution is a Cosmic force operating throughout the universe of alternation and change.
  6. Daniel~

Home page:
    There are only three types of change.

Non-change
    Linear change
    cyclic change.

Non change gives us a back drop by which we can under go change without chaos ensuing.
    Linear changes goes forth but does not return. We most often see history as being linear.
    Yet with in history cyclic change is constantly occurring.

Cyclic change. incorporates both linear and non-change.

It 's cyclic change that brings things to their perfection.

Cyclic change hammers out perfection though constant repetition
    on a theme. the theme repeats and augments repeats then evolves.

Linear goes straight for the horizon and does not return and never repeats.
    Non Change watches it go.
    Cyclic change provides the repetition necessary if a thing is to change though adaptation by way of alteration.
    Cyclic change creates the possibility of return. Returning creates the possibility of bringing things to their perfection.

So no not the same 'ol shit. The same 'ol shit is but one possible outcome.
    For a better outcome, we must look deeper and try harder.
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

The disparity in power between the haves and have-nots is insurmountable. Things are at a dangerous pass. Doing the SOS will change nothing. The man in the street is so nocked and locked down that revolution seems to be nothing more than a pipe dream.

Those who make evolution impossible make revolution necessary. Bruddah, I'm glad that I'm old because it will be UGLY. And no one knows if any revolution will be beneficial to the little people. What should be won't necessarily happen.
    We are stuck in the all money and power for us and none at all for you rut. Deeply.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Wake up George! Were standing in the middle of the most momentous change in human history.

We were gathered here to determine weather vice or virtue will leads us on.

George the rich only think they are in charge because people told them they were.
    you only think they are because they told you they were.

What is Trump in charge of? Absolutely nothing. He's a mindless tool enslaved by his lust.
    Nothing he has ever said or done will continue beyond tomorrow.

He is a zero, a place holder until we know where we want to go. Once we have decided as a people who and what we want to be the leader we wait for will have arrived.

"All things come in their own time."
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

if "all things come in their own time," I can't recall feeling this oppressed before now. You can say that it's all in my own head, yet that's the only head I have.

Elvis help me!

And...

10. Daniel~

Home page:
    Good you've established three things.
    1. it is your head
    2. there is no plan B. You will have to make do with the one you've got.
    3. You are oppressing the shit out of your self.

Stop it.

In conversation you mentioned that your meds were giving you various problems. Might your current out look be in part related to your meds?

If you are seeing a real increase in negative emotions try to determine if your emotions are following your thoughts or if your thoughts are being colored by your emotions.

I am sorry your feeling not your usual self. Try to keep in mind that this IS NOT your norm.

With time the norm always re-asserts itself. try not to worry it, just let it pass.
  11. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Me oppressing moi? what a novel concept. Not really. I am feeling especially oppressed and my meds are still messed up, thanks for the reminder.
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    Then...
    A king tiring at last of power turned his mind to trying to understand his kingdom.

unsatisfied with his wise men and soothsayers he sent riders to cover his kingdom with a promise of great riches for any who could tell him one true thing. Something that will remain true throughout his years and guide his kingly hand.

as the reward was great many rush to try their hand at pleasing kings. They offered tactics an strategies.
    Which served to only annoy the King.

He glared down at the lot of them scoffing at their wisdom.

"I AM KING!"

How should I be king had I not already tactics and strategies!!?

They brought him imagined kingdoms without sorrow
    Poetry beautiful and precise that rejoiced in pleasures
    of a natural life.

Near tears he showed them all the door.

After sitting for hours alone he started to rise when a lone figure stepped from a shadow,

"Well?"
    demanded the king.

"I have something I wish to tell you.

Something to ease your sorrows and lessen the darkness of the darkest night."

The king's glare deepened
    "I consider my nights to be dark enough to warrant your speaking quickly and being gone. "

Unshaken The stranger looked gently into the kings troubled face.

He spoke softly showing care and kindness.

"Your majesty, this to shall pass.

and then he was gone, just gone.
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

14. Daniel~

Home page:
    To the extent that you speak of political revolution you are correct. But political revolutions are a very small part of Revolution that takes place in the course of a year. Winter does away with the old and spring introduces the new year.

Revolution takes place were ever cyclic change can be found. In every cycle there is an apex that id followed by a valley. A going forth that is followed by a return.

It can be seen in a return of understanding after an estrangement.

In waxing and waning tides, In winter storm and summer drought.
  15. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    No, it's not.

In matters of the relations of one human to another, NOTHING is insurmountable. It is only awaiting the time when enough people decide they want it to be different. History is littered with examples of the 'insurmountable' differences that were suddenly swept aside.

Is it messy? Yes. Do people get hurt? Yes. Is the solution better than the problem? Well........not always, and I'd even go so far as to say "not usually". We are, after all, imperfect beings. But we keep stumbling forward. Some day we will finally figure out how to stop being shits to each other, and it will be glorious.
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

At the moment the gulf looks un-bridgeable. Never before have the very few so very much. And so many so little. Or at least it seems like it's so.

Those in charge don't speak or even understand the languages of the many. This was not always so. Post WWII was a glorious time to be a middle class person in the US. And it was easy to move up to the middle class too.
    Not for everyone, society is and was extra cruel for people of color in the USA.

Now the middle class is dying and losing most of its former inhabitants. A strong and populous middle class makes democracy work well.

We are no longer a democracy. Once lost it is difficult to reestablish. Our Kleptocracy means more to the rich and less and less to the poor. The everyday world is very cruel. And an Autocrat lives in the White House. I won't salute a flag that means "Plutocracy lives here." Am I out of touch? Sure seems not to be the case. YMMV.
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    Why Gizmo,
    you shine with the light of wisdom.":O}
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    Revolution is a time of transition. A time of great danger in political life. A man has put itself forward and 42 % wish to go down his road. They anger me to the extent that I wold let them go to meet their fate, were it not for the fact they want to take us with them.

We are in the mist of this danger. While I confess I underestimated the corruption and stupidity that has sustained him in office; Trummy will soon learn :

"There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed." The time of revolution is great indeed.
  19. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

That so many Amuricans agree with Trump on anything is very unsettling. I must ask myself if I believe in this country anymore. Perhaps 58% belief. We are in serious trouble, fer goodness sake he just barred credentialed journalists from WH press conferences.

Outlook bleak. Air quality acceptable. (Stolen from the mast head of National Lampoon.)
  20. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Keep the faith, my friend. It was not always so, nor will it always be so, even if it seems bad right now.