1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's heard Little Richard sing "Shake a Hand"?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good story

2. Daniel~

Home page:
    You guys do know your supposed to be SHARING your god Damn Music...don't you?
    Just checking":O}
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

What a ... searingly honest post. You certainly got me right, my grudge is real and it helps me not. It's all I have to hold on to, honestly. Ouch, what a painful handhold on life. Giving it up seems impossible. Yet it's true that it would be a nasty burden to take with me. Forgive and forget seems unbearable a task. And when I really think about it, it's myself that I hold in anger and un-forgiveness. Argh, how great a task, can I shoulder it? I sure don't want to. I guess this is admitting I'm crazy. We all are, but some of us...

I'm so glad that this isn't readable by all of our Members!

Daniel, you are an extremely important person in my life. This is over quite a few years. In the "normal" course of events you will expire before me. And I will hurt over that forever. I can't speak for you, but should I die first please laugh as hard as you can. You probably won't be alone!
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I didn't know that John Prine "introduced" "If I had a boat" once upon a time. I've heard the tune many times and like it a lot. The funny thing is that Mr Lovett says "I ain't a real cowboy" back then. He sure is one now, he took many lessons of a ropin and cow punchin'. He didn't like being a Texan who weren't a real cowboy.
    But Texas (at least the Panhandle) is an 'orrible place. It's almost hilarious that the natives think it's great. IMHO, of course.

I recently read that J Cash was a true butthole to the women in his life, why the homage? She probably didn't know, like most of us.

Jewel is certainly a jewel. Her plan of self promotion worked well.

This Marty Robbins tune will be a monster hit forever. Amazing!

Sorry I remember it as much more of a happy song. My bad.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    Of course it's readable to our Members. Your problems are not yours alone. There are NO personal problems. Just problems we all share.

Your being bullied by your uncontrollable emotions. This must stop...Now! You LET them take your music from you!!

I of course know what it's like, so does TR so does Gizmo. We have all been beaten to shit by our own emotions.

I have over come this. as you will. Your over indulging yourself when you should be laying down the law.
    This is your new Law." I will not allow my own emotions to ruin what is otherwise alright.

Our emotions are one of the most beautiful things about being human. But like all good things they must be brought to know their limitation.

This is where we all must draw the line. When our emotions begin to cripple our behavior. When our own emotions are willing to steal away our music from us.

Emotions are not to be trusted out of hand. Each emotion must prove it's worth to us to be allowed to express itself. In the past I allowed my emotions to drag me down every rat hole the mind can conceive of and the only thin I gained from it is the sure and certain knowable that I can ALWAYS make myself feel worse. It truly is a bottomless pit.

"But I can't help the way I feel!"

Of course you can!! That's the beauty part.!

Your thoughts create your emotion. Think your wife is untrue? that's a good one! powered by doubt and fear men and women have destroyed their marriages over such negative emotion.

"But what if she is"
    It is the same as if she is true. Either way the way we think about her will determinate how we feel about her.

Tame the cur who would take your music from you. I know...It tells you that your sensitive and that you are communing with your deepest feelings...Hell man it will tell you anything if it lets emotion continue to harm you.

We most often experience this world with our feelings, strange to say feelings are not emotion. Feelings are the precursors of emotion. This is the point at which to interceded and prevent our feeling which can tell us many things about our world from taking over and telling us what our permanent attitude should be,

To make such determinations is serious business.
    And we should listen to our feelings as well as as our thoughts. But emotion can be a nasty thing that wants to dominate both feeling and reason.

Join the battle George! Retake your own heart. Sit down with the Music you love and Kill the emotion that would take that from you.
    Stop overindulging yourself and the music will play as it once did...just for you.

WE grow old but from some things we can never retire. We must alway be vigilant or we suffer unnecessary loss.
    Your suffering unnecessary loss. Welcome joy back into your heart and let me and God sort out the rest.LOL
  6. Daniel~

Home page:
    AH I see now! I didn't realize we were in staff...all my efforts to publicly humiliate you have gone for not. LOL
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    Would you mind George if I move it to staff. Please say if it would bother you and I leave things as they are.
  8. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

If you think it's a good idea, please move it to Staff. But recall that I'm not a Staffer.
    Please check your PM's at the Same Old Place. Thanks.
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    What a mess I made! I thought that you were saying that we were already in Staff I wanted to make it available in Random nonsense,

I prefer it remain available to you as well as others. But as it's a bit of a rough patch I'll leave this up to you George
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    Just WOW! Hickory is or has everything I love about this woman's voice.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    Thou from afar,
    perhaps far is where you are.
    No need to star
    If you are who you are.

High school summer
    walking a board walk lined with houses,
    I pass an open window.

Music from within, This is as close to my memory as I could find. This song never completely leaves me

12. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

It's a wonderful classic that I can't remember the name of. My bad again. If it never leaves you I think you are doing well!

Thank you for finding and posting it.
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

"Hickory Wind" sure brings out the best in her voice. Truly amazing pipes.

Here's a much more modern classic, at least imho.

This is "Take on me" from the Norwegian band a'ha. I thought they were English. Hope you like, or liked it.
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    I'd taken a vow of silence to avoid testifying against the monk who was suing me. Perhaps he didn't know how to be a teacher, but I was pretty good at being a student, students may leave, but they never speak ill of those who help them. Even if they don't help but rather harm.

Finished with silence, trial over. I bought a TV for the first time in years. turned it on a found MTV for the first time.I was stunned by this as few songs ever have. Not at all what I was expecting to hear. Powerful in it's message.

One with Lyrics:

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
    It carries all our names, "Stranger on the Shore."
    It encompasses all our fates.
  16. Daniel~

Home page:
    The three Sisters

Screenshot from 2018-05-23 11-56-40.png
    The one who gives
    The one who receives
    The one who gives back again.

This is Alma. He almost exclusively used his daughters as models. I like to think money wasn't a consideration, but as he was an Artist money must have been scarce, but the beauty of his daughters was easy to find.
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    I've temporarily abandon my usual approach to music, Which is to simplly let it play as i t may and let it take me where it wants me to go.

A gesture to a dear friend seeking to improve my life. This is among my new favs.

18. Daniel~

Home page:
    This now seems more relevant than when I first heard it some 40 or more years ago.

[Verse 1]
    I pity the poor immigrant
    Who wishes he would’ve stayed home
    Who uses all his power to do evil
    But in the end is always left so alone
    That man whom with his fingers cheats
    And who lies with every breath
    Who passionately hates his life
    And likewise, fears his death

[Verse 2]
    Whose strength is spent in vain
    Whose heaven is like Ironsides
    Whose tears are like rain
    Who eats but is not satisfied
    Who hears but does not see
    Who falls in love with wealth itself
    And turns his back on me

[Verse 3]
    Who tramples through the mud
    Who fills his mouth with laughing
    And who builds his town with blood
    Whose visions in the final end
    Must shatter like the glass
    When his gladness comes to pass
    cloasters likes this.
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    This song gave me hope and got me through my puberty. We lost Fats this year or late last.
    Hearing of his passing I started listening to all his stuff, this remains my favorite, though there are so many!

20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I had no idea that you were sued, and by a monk? Doesn't seem at all right.

This is a great song. To me, it highlights the fact that we as a society don't care at all about other people's children. But we insist that we love all children. What a world.

Thank you for introducing me to Soul Asylum. I noticed their name long ago but hadn't heard any of their work, afaik.

So you don't like "Take on me?" Different folks different strokes.