1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airlander airship

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by danrok, May 10, 2017.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Puerto Rico to Peru--must be very smart balloons indeed. All seriousness aside for a moment, who's head will fit in that gigantic safety helmet?
  2. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    In any case we go to dust and the winds are ours! ":O}
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Eep. The truth does hurt now and again.
  4. Daniel~

Home page:
    No. I mean we own the winds!":O}
  5. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

It wasn't the dog then? :D
  6. Daniel~

Home page:
    No poet can survive such a gale
    without first learning not to inhale!

learn next to keep around
    dog both good and sound
    to absorb all blame when
    other people we astound!

Next get a ventriloquist to
    throw off that sound that sends the bravest meekly to ground.

I would carry this to the last
    but must know when I'm out of gas.":O}
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Haven't seen a deed of any wind, ever. We own the wind? Surely you jest good sir? Seems more likely that the wind owns us. Just saying.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Have it your way. I own the winds. Ya just passed up a good thing there George I was going to let you play with the North wind on the week ends.
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Well, to be honest wind from the North is often the most cruel. I try to lose all cruelty, but I'm not as successful at it as I want to be.
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    I guess your more a breezy kinda guy.":O}
  11. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Having lived close to the beach in LA... Who knows? I wish I could afford to live near the coast in northern California. It is to laugh.
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    I wish I could afford to lie in WA. LOL
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

It's breathtaking that inflation is so large. Naturally they lie about it, big time. I truly don't understand how anybody can afford to live in California. Much less San Francisco, it seems that you must be a millionaire to even consider it.
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    We moved here appox 5 years ago at 800 a month, we had very good land lords, two raises in that time to 900 a month.Patt's looked every where as we now must move to make room for relative of our land lord.

1/2 a mile from here there's a shabby trailer (single wide) in a lousy location priced at the bottom our the rental market, really the bottom!!
    He only want 2700 a month...

We ares so screwed! We''re trying to find a large RV to buy and put in a country park.
    rather we're try to get financing... With out a credit record for the last ten years when cut our cards up and walked away from around 70,000 in debt, couldn't even afford to bankrupt. so it goes...things always seem to resole themselves one way or another
  15. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

Why's that trailer so expensive? Does it come with some land as well?
  16. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Good LORD!

I'm sitting on just under an acre, with an 1850 sq. ft. house and a 500 sq. ft. garage with another 500 sq. ft. apartment above, and I'm paying just over $1000/month (it's a 40-year loan, but still).

I've got a friend living in a house I own on the other side of town that is 950 sq. ft. and I'm charging her $300/month, on a 50x150 lot. Apparently I'm not charging enough.

Holy COW!
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    It comes with a distinct air Ebola allowed to sink deep into the carpets.

While we were enjoying our single wide in a rather Utopian conifer setting without a single neighbor in sight...
    The world of rental housing was undergoing a hideous transformation!

A women Patti works with is looking as far as hundred miles north in Bellingham wa. looking for an affordable place to rent...nothing. We've been looking for three months.

That 2700 hundred a month, it the cheapest place she has seen!!

So Were looking at a 450 a month travel trailer park spot. includes water and sewer. It's at 1700 feet
    Patti really like the people shes met there and a prime spot is being offered to us. The people she works for are close by.

So we find ourselves once more in a pickle . We got little money for a down on a trailer if we go the
    high intersect Trailer dealership bad credit loan. We don't, I think have bad credit as we haven't used credit for anything in 10 years... But credit cards have a long memory.

So We have to pay the $450 to hold the spot..the only spot we could find.

thus greatly hindering our effort to pull together a down on an older used trailer.

I have no idea what has happened to King County rents. George have you seen anything that explains it?

Rents have gone up all my life, but this... are they trying to empty the state?
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    I'm happy your situation has so improved! I know this took a long time and contentious hard work.
    Patti has shown me a garage for rent...just some guys household garage for a grand. They were trying to make rent to. Stay put. The world loves you where you are! ":O}

If we can pull it off this would be a very good move for us. We calculate that we would probably be paying out just about what we have been paying. We would be further out and into the woods...Elk and black bear walk though the camp on a regular basis...I promise not to try to pet them...this time ":O}

Did I mention a river? There's a River 50 feet away. I haven't seen it but Patti's rapturous. Frist thing I asked was DOES IT FLOOD!? No flooding ":O}

They say they see around 3 feet of snow ion the ground in winter, but as it's the only road in or out of this narrow valley and rich folks live further on, they keep the roads clear. Oh! Thank God for rich folks! LOL

So say a prayer, cross your fingers or just hope that this catastrophe is just a mask upon opportunity.
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    This is how stunned I am about what's happening with rentals here.

The whole time I've been posting this I've had a strong feeling I was lying to you guys!

I can't believe what I'm posting is real!
  20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Yow, this is some ugmo carap! People rent out their garages in LA and the rent for them is horribly, ridiculous and painfully high. The one you are thinking about seems painful but I guess that simply means why Walter Cronkite isn't around nowadays--how could he possibly say his tag line "and that's the way it is?"
    I think you might have to take the phrase that the river nearby "never floods" with a cake of salt?

I have no idea what rents are like outside of Seattle, sorry. But they definitely are going up here--I just had my rent raised--sorry, I had the nerve to consider it painful. It sure isn't compared to yours or especially to other rents in Seattle. It is easy to blame Paul Allen, Jeff Bezos and the high salaries of the IT workers that are taking over the city. It can be far worse, ninety grand a year is considered pauper's wages in Silicon Valley and SFO.

My hat's off to Gizmo, an acre is an amazing amount of land. Well done Gizmo! I'm paying more for a small one bedroom apartment than he is for a large house! But the truth must be told, tornados are extremely rare hereabouts. This will become worse in the future with climate change hereabouts--but how many more F4's and above twisters will warming bring to the mid west?

I'm sorry, Dan. I stupidly thought that the "reasonable" rent you were paying for your home would last forever. Duuhr.