1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Them And Us in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 24, 2020.

• by booman, Aug 24, 2020 at 5:45 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Them and Us is a 3rd person action horror adventure made in Unreal Engine. Play as Alicia waking up in a mysterious room in a huge mansion. As she searches for clues and tools she quickly discovers she is not alone. Explore the mansion and find weapons and tools to survive. What happened to the people who lived here? Can she find her way out alive?

themandus-34.jpg

Steam
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/915600/Them_and_Us/

Itch.io
    https://tendogames.itch.io/them-and-us

I stumbled on Them and Us searching for horror games on itch.io
    I was unable to extract the download, but found the demo was also available on Steam. I was able to download and play the whole demo with Proton in Steam.

This is an amazing Resident-Evilesque-Inspired action game! In fact you can choose to have static camera views just like the original Resident Evil games, or use over-the-shoulder views. The game is fairly slow but intense at the same time. Progress is perfect for a suspenseful horror game. You have to look closely at ever object with an "E" to be sure you get the right weapons and tools to progress. Otherwise it can get very hard!

Proton was able to run Them and Us without any issues or launch options. This game is beautifully made and the mansion is clever with a lot of eye-candy. Weapons and items are cleverly placed where you have to work out a way to find them, reach them and use them. Nothing is simple, but once you find the backpack, you can carry more items.

This game is going to be amazing once its completed! I even reached out to the developer and they are interested in doing a Linux port at some point.

Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 440.100
    Proton 5.0-9

themandus-1.jpg themandus-3.jpg themandus-5.jpg themandus-7.jpg themandus-9.jpg themandus-10.jpg themandus-12.jpg themandus-14.jpg themandus-17.jpg themandus-19.jpg themandus-21.jpg themandus-24.jpg themandus-26.jpg themandus-29.jpg themandus-30.jpg themandus-32.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 24, 2020.