1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Feb 11, 2022.

• by booman, Feb 11, 2022 at 12:41 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider is another epic chapter in the life of Laura Croft. She is searching for the Lost City of Kitezh by following the relics and stories of religious prophet. But a new enemy has risen to beat her to the prize: Trinity

Survive in the frozen mountains climbing death defying cliffs, hunt animals with your bow, loot to craft new upgrades and take out mercenaries with a new throw-able weapon crafting system.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/rise-of-the-tomb-raider

I was able to install Heroic Launcher and run Rise Of The Tomb Raider with very little issues. At first I had some logging in problems, but waited a day and I logged in just fine. Performance is hit-n-miss with Tomb Raider probably because of Proton/Vulkan Shaders. Any time I initially load a save game it takes about a minute to render the entire map so it will stutter and freeze... but when its done the game runs perfectly with nice frame rates! I have noticed after playing for an hour or so, the frame rates will randomly drop, just like Assassin's Creed Origins. I still don't know why, but this has happened for a few games, specifically when loading a save game. Hopefully this is something Wine & Steam developers will resolve in the future. But then again, maybe its my old GTX 1060 and its limited 3GB of RAM causing the problem? I'm not buying a new card any time soon since all newer cards are more expensive than a friggin HOUSE! And out of stock too!

Specs:
    Mint 20.2 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 470
    Heroic Launcher
    Proton 6.3 64-bit

risetomb-0.jpg risetomb-1.jpg risetomb-2.jpg risetomb-3.jpg risetomb-4.jpg risetomb-35.jpg risetomb-34.jpg risetomb-32.jpg risetomb-30.jpg risetomb-29.jpg risetomb-27.jpg risetomb-26.jpg risetomb-25.jpg risetomb-24.jpg risetomb-23.jpg risetomb-21.jpg risetomb-19.jpg risetomb-18.jpg risetomb-16.jpg risetomb-15.jpg risetomb-13.jpg risetomb-12.jpg risetomb-10.jpg risetomb-8.jpg risetomb-6.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Feb 11, 2022.