1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POLL BOX :D

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Aremis, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Aremis

Aremis Member

Make a poll box of a users 1st, 2nd, and 3rd fav OS :D

For example, I REALLY like arch right now. There's no stupid pop ups, no bullshit flying all over the screen like in ubuntu. Nothing. If gnome starts to screw up I can back up, change the config to openbox or backbox or whatever and keep working from where I was.

For debian I like netrunner. It is based on the user and how they work, not based on all the shiny crap you can fill your hard drive with (looking at you ubuntu). It has a software store but it doesn't constantly advertise it.

Arch just has pacman :3

Then lastly I bloody love slackware. I haven't used it in 4 years and I have no clue where the laptop is that has it on it but I still adore it no matter what x3 Like arch, you build it. Except you can configure the kernel, sound card, gpu, cpu clock cieling (no accidentally over clocking though xD) and basically it'll say "COOL, YOU CAN DO THIS TOO BUT WHATEVER. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

So yeah, linux levels of use in a nutshell.

It would be an awesome poll.
  2. allenskd

allenskd Active Member

Never heard of Netrunner. I already like it because it focuses one a polished KDE environment. I changed to Kubuntu a while ago and the experience has been really pleasing. I'll download Netrunner later and give it a try on virtualbox. Optimized kwin is always a win.
  3. Aremis

Aremis Member

It's not a focus on KDE, but rather just what ubuntu can't hold to standard.
  4. LloydBoobe

LloydBoobe New Member

if they did release a box set like this one day, would they master and mix every show, or just give us the SBDs?