1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POL Fails to load League / directx9

Discussion in 'Crashed!' started by Aremis, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Aremis

Aremis Member

New problem that I have never seen before until just yesterday.

I have the FGLRX-Updates driver line installed in Ubuntu Mate and my card is an R7 250 X core edition from XFX. In POL I have League Of Legends installed. When I installed League in POL it was supposed to install directX and adobe air and all of that stuff. When I do a winecfg check in that POL setup and look at the set up libraries nothing lists. I can go and try to install any of the packages in the "Install Windows Components" area but there is no change and as far as I can tell nothing installs.

When I try to run the game it hangs at loading after selecting a character and does not launch.

I have no clue what to do 3:

Note: I can run in the open source drivers however the frame rate in just about every game is very poor.
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Are you doing a manual installation or using the provided PlayOnLinux scripts/installer?

I never had to install Adobe Air for League of Legends
    What version of Wine are you using?
    Aremis likes this.
  3. Aremis

Aremis Member

The default setup for POL. Never had luck installing in base wine but I'm willing to try if this doesn't work out.
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Sounds like you are using PlayOnLinux scripts.
    If you click "Install" and search for League Of Legends, then you are installing via script
    If you click "Install" and click "Install a non-listed program" at the bottom, then you are doing a manual installation.
    Manual takes more time, but you can experiment with libraries, wine versions and Wine Configuration to test a game