1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OAD Alpha 13 Megadha

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Apr 4, 2013.

• by booman, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    0AD is a FREE open-source time-period strategy game.
    The graphics are timeless and beautiful!

The Alpha 13 Megadha

Its Free, so you have not excuse but to try it out!
    By the way, 0 is a zero, so its Zero A.D.

Ubuntu installation:

0 A.D. Provided Packages
    Alternatively, 0 A.D. packages are available from 0 A.D. PPA:

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad
    Press Enter
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Press Enter
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install 0ad
    Press Enter

(If you get errors about unmet dependencies, check that you have the Universe repository enabled in/etc/apt/sources.list.)
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Daniel~
    Just came back from the Doc's. Not feeling up to much. So bug me in a few days and I'll give this a try.
  2. booman
    I havn't tried 0ad yet either. i'll be out-of-town this weekend, so it will have to wait until Monday
  3. Daniel~
    Code in seems to have gone well. 23% downloaded and counting":O}
  4. Daniel~
    OK, here's how it went down:

Attached Files:

5. Daniel~
    All seems to have gone well. It' new and has limitations and they say so out front. Not my kind of game...So I really can't comment intelligently.
  6. booman
    but it ran, right?
  7. booman
    installing right now...
    Runs GREAT!
    I wasn't able to take screenshots with the print screen button, not sure why?
    But it was interesting... not my kind of game either, but pretty decent graphics and shaders.
    I have been following it on moddb.com because of the Free, Graphics and Historical aspects of the game.
  8. Daniel~
    For me, it's become impossible to interest me in a 2D game....I'm sure the limitation is my own, but there it is! ":O}
  9. booman
    I just find that Strategy games are much slower than action or role playing games.
    They are nice if you want to just relax and micro-manage people and watch them run around doing things.
    I bet thats it Daniel... do you like to micro-manage people?
  10. Daniel~
    Only Micro people need to be managed.":O}

I prefer that others manage themselves.... But who gets what they want in this world?
  11. booman
    I was thinking that you get bored telling this guy to go dig there, tell this other guy to build this structure and then these guys go over than and scout for enemies.
    Too slow for me... then when the battle starts you just sit there and watch.
  12. Daniel~
    Your right. It's really not my thing...I like to crush my enemies beneath my feet! ":O}
  13. booman
    I do too, but there are times when I don't mind micro-managing... usually those sim games are ok, but I still get a bit bored.
    I prefer to be in full control of one character and crush all the enemies in my path.

Have you played tower defense games?
    They are a mix of Real Time Strategy and action...
    You prepare your base for waves of enemies with large turrets and weapons. Then you can also scramble and blow away the enemies.
  14. Daniel~
    One day I shall tire of running with guns and blowing things up...but that day has yet to arrive....a little embarrassing really.":O}
  15. booman
    It is kinda sad... all we do is invent new creative ways to blow eachother up... will we ever tire of it?
    Why can't we just get along?
  16. Daniel~
    I played war and Cowboys and Indians long ago and in my formative years. Yet my real life body count and those maimed by my actions has remained at a very comfortable Zero. There is not a shred of evidence that anyone is harmed by games, no matter how violent. We seem to be able to tell the real from the merely FUN! ":O}
  17. booman
    But what about those countless trillions of A.I. bodies?
    The horror, the horror!
  18. Daniel~
    Dude! Your suppose stack them neatly in VICTORY'S corner!

Murder and mayhem is all well and good, but you have got to be tidy! ":O}
  19. booman
    Oh, I was hoping the game database could recycle them as new A.I. enemies to die once again...
    Have you seen Wreck It Ralph?
    Kinda like that!