1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half-Life 2 Co-op Synergy Mod

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Feb 1, 2021.

• by booman, Feb 1, 2021 at 8:14 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Just about anyone has played Half-Life 2 at this point and maybe even played Synergy... but did you know there is a native version for Linux?

Play again as Gordon Freeman and escape the city through canals, sewers, beaches, Ravenholm and City17. You aren't alone, not only is the rebellion there to help, but you can bring a few friends along! Enjoy the physics puzzles, jump tricks, hover jet and buggy with a few friends... you never know what is going to happen.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/17520/Synergy/

Synergy installed without issues and I was able to host on a LAN and my other PCs joined easily. You use the classic listenserver interface where you pick a level start the game. There have been a few unexpected bugs which is honestly... expected with mods. You can not save the game either, but Synergy packs an autosave and autospawn feature so you all can play cooperative together without loosing a lot of progress.

Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060 & GTX 950
    Nvidia 460 & 450

hltwo-0.jpg hltwo-23.jpg hltwo-1.jpg hltwo-21.jpg hltwo-2.jpg hltwo-20.jpg hltwo-3.jpg hltwo-18.jpg hltwo-6.jpg hltwo-17.jpg hltwo-7.jpg hltwo-16.jpg hltwo-8.jpg hltwo-13.jpg hltwo-9.jpg hltwo-11.jpg hltwo-10.jpg
    hl2.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Daerandin likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Daerandin
    The Synergy mod is awesome, I've played it with a cousin and it's great fun to experience this game with others.
    booman likes this.
  2. booman
    We are loving it! A few bugs here and there and a few wave-based areas that are waaaay to hard! Other than that, it is a unique experience! I Think every game should have co-op.