Dead Frontier II in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 29, 2024 at 12:55 AM.

• by booman, Jun 29, 2024 at 12:55 AM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Dead Frontier is a zombie MMO in a huge city full of buildings to loot and a lot of zombies. You will encounter some of the creepiest monsters you have ever seen! Talk to the local police for quests and then go door to door searching all kinds of places for ammo and loot. Explore building like:
    • Apartments
    • Grocery Stores
    • Hotels
    • Restaurants
    • Local Businesses
    • Homes
    And much more! Join up with some friends or go solo as the city is so vast you will never get tired of exploring. Be careful with guns though, start blasting in a building and attract more zombies!

When I have tested Dead Frontier II in the past, it ran very slowly. Maybe it was my old hardware or maybe it was Wine, but the new Proton Experimental ran it like I was playing natively. Loading times were fast and I was able to run and gun without any performance loss... honestly this isn't a run-n-gun game, but when needed, the shotgun works great for slaying monsters.

Mint 21.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 535
    Proton Experimental 8

deadfront-0.jpg deadfront-1.jpg deadfront-2.jpg deadfront-3.jpg deadfront-4.jpg deadfront-5.jpg deadfront-6.jpg deadfront-7.jpg deadfront-8.jpg deadfront-9.jpg deadfront-10.jpg deadfront-11.jpg deadfront-12.jpg deadfront-13.jpg deadfront-14.jpg deadfront-15.jpg deadfront-16.jpg deadfront-17.jpg deadfront-18.jpg deadfront-19.jpg deadfront-20.jpg deadfront-21.jpg deadfront-22.jpg deadfront-23.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 29, 2024 at 12:55 AM.