1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Origins in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 27, 2020.

• by booman, Jul 27, 2020 at 7:26 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Every Assassin's Creed game I've played has run in Linux with the help of Wine and DXVK. I've always used PlayOnLinux and installed a legacy version of Uplay because of Windows XP compatibility. You can find those step-by-step guides here on GamersOnLinux. There are a LOT of steps and sometimes Uplay will run and other times you have to start over. Once you get the game downloaded you run Uplay offline otherwise a simple update will break it.

assassin-2.jpg

Not Any More!!!

Steam and Proton handle downloading Assassin's Creed Origins and running Uplay without issue. Somehow its painlessly compatible with Proton and I was able to run the game first try! That is impressive after all the previous steps I used to run one game.

Thank you Steam!

Assassin's Creed Origin runs great in Mint with my GeForce GTX 1060 and Proton. Frame rates are smooth and traversing around the cities is stunning! I have only taken time to explore with Discovery and haven't actually played the campaign. But man! This is a beautiful game!

Tip: I disabled esync with this launch option in Steam
    Code:
    PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%
    Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 440.100
    Proton 5.0-9

assassin-3.jpg assassin-5.jpg assassin-6.jpg assassin-7.jpg assassin-8.jpg assassin-10.jpg assassin-11.jpg assassin-12.jpg assassin-13.jpg assassin-27.jpg assassin-25.jpg assassin-23.jpg assassin-22.jpg assassin-20.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 27, 2020.