Valheim Free-to-play Beta

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 18, 2023.

• by booman, Jun 18, 2023 at 8:34 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Valheim has sold millions of copies with millions of players exploring the massive map, creating Viking cities, slaying monsters, collecting loot and crafting gear. But where did it all start? The free-to-play beta of course!

Sadly I've had a hard time tracking down a download for Valheim Linux beta. I've kept it from years ago and it still runs pretty well and is still a lot of LAN co-op fun! If you still don't want to spend money on Valheim and want to play with limited features, give it a go, but have fun finding an installer.

I was able to host a listenserver and my daughters both joined on Mint PCs
    Every once in a while there is a slight performance stutter. Part of it is the automatic save, but the other part may just be optimization issues. Either way, a lot of fun!

Specs:
    Mint 21.164-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 530

valheim-0.jpg valheim-1.jpg valheim-3.jpg valheim-4.jpg valheim-5.jpg valheim-6.jpg valheim-7.jpg valheim-8.jpg valheim-9.jpg valheim-10.jpg valheim-11.jpg valheim-12.jpg valheim-13.jpg valheim-14.jpg valheim-15.jpg valheim-16.jpg valheim-17.jpg valheim-18.jpg valheim-19.jpg valheim-20.jpg valheim-21.jpg valheim-22.jpg valheim-23.jpg valheim-24.jpg valheim-25.jpg valheim-26.jpg valheim-27.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jun 18, 2023.

1. meech
    where is the download link?
  2. booman
    Great question! I had a hard time finding Valheim beta online. Someone has it somewhere, but I can send you a copy if you want. Please send me a private message and I'll share it with you.