1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russia's lies vs. the reality in Syria

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by danrok, Apr 6, 2017.

1. danrok

danrok Administrator Staff Member

Russia, including Putin's own mouth, tells us that they bombed a rebel chemical weapons facility using conventional explosives, and that the resulting horror was causes by toxic chemicals already on the ground.

Well, if you look at these photos, you will not see any evidence of explosive bombs. Notice that the targetted building is collapsed but no sign of any scorch marks, blackening, or craters that you'd normally see if the building had been hit by high-explosives. The building has simply collapsed under the weight of a bomb loaded with chemicals, and very little, if any explosives.

None of the victims are covered in dust, few are bleeding, and none have lost limbs.

These are uncensored and upsetting images provided by Getty.
    http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/s...5&page=1&phrase=syria war&sort=newest#license

It seems plain to me that this was a chemical attack from the air.

I'd further speculate that it is possible, and likely, the aircraft was Russian posing as Syrian.
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

We are extremely fortunate that we are not there. We'll probably NEVER know the truth of this horrible situation.
  3. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Ah, but we do know the truth. Those who rule this world will do anything to impose their will upon us.
    If there is unrest they seek to divert us from the causes.

Think about it. What worries does this world have that men of good will could not bring improvement to
    almost without having to think to much about it?

Why don't they!?
    Because "Everywhere men of good will are oppressed and held in restraint by inferior men."

"Not everyone walking around in a body is a human being.
    But that's just my take on the whole world is a mess thing.
    I guess I mean the whole we are a mess thing.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Yes, I must agree. Monsters in charge, left, right and center.
  5. ThunderRd

ThunderRd Irreverent Query Chairman Staff Member

Home page:
  6. danrok

It's odd that sarin was developed by Germany, just before World War II, but the Nazis never used it on the Allies.
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Probably a smart move by the Nazis. Dunno how we could have double destroyed Germany, but had they used chemical weapons against us we most likely would have tried. I'm not familiar with the use of poisons in WWII. Other than beyond horrible acts by the Germans and Japanese on prisoners, I know nothing.
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Trump blows up an air field and ammo dump and the world goes mad with joy that at last we have a president!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this looks like just the distraction trumpett has been looking for. How nice of asaud and Putin.

Would putin kill all those people just to give trumpett cover...you bet he he would! Maybe I'm way off, but why would Assad use gas now? He[s winning! What purpose of his does it serve?

There you have it, my first Tumpett style tweet! My very own fake news.":O}
  9. danrok

Assad has been using gas for years.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_chemical_weapons_in_the_Syrian_civil_war

Perhaps 1000 or so killed in the Ghouta chemical attack alone.

In any case, doing something like that even when winning seems to be typical. How about the USA nuking Japan when the war was pretty much over?

I think you're right, Putin could not careless about some tatty old Syrian airbase, and the Syrian personnel working there.

Turkey shot down his jets, killing Russian pilots, and Putin is shaking Erdoğan's hand soon afterwards.

Whereas the USA does stuff based on values, i.e. because children were killed, Putin is very different, he makes decisions based on interests.

Also, that cruise missile attack could provide useful information to Russia on how to better defend their own bases.
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    It seems that others are as reluctant as we are to except this at face value.
    US intelligence is looking into the possibility that whole missile strike was done to
    Make trumpett look less like Putin's Puppet.

Us intel has just about every one near trumpett in covert contact with the Russians.
    They have testimony from a guy who quit the Trumpett admen after he was put in a room with Flinn and several others to discuss kidnapping a Turkish clairic, living in Penn. USA to give to Erdurwan.

These people are CRAZY!
    Trumpett has put Jarad (son in law) in charge of:

1. Peace in the middle East
    2. Re organizing the US gov.
    3. China Relations
    4. Mexico
    5 Canada
    6. the E.U.
    7. Believe it or not the list goes on!

I don't think Turumpett knows anyone else he can appoint
    Yeah, I think we just blew up something of little value So Trumpett can show his independence of Putin just before he,( turumpett) sells his country out in a spectacular act of treason.

The far right is slowing catching on, poor them.
  11. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Something like 49% of our populace think that Trump is truthful. Hoo boy, I think we are in trouble.
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    Now Russia Syria and Iran have drawn a red line should we interfere again with the slaughter. Just how we are going to see all these red lines with the Syrians awash in the blood of the innocent, I do not know.
  13. Gizmo

Gizmo Chief Site Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I'd like to know the source of that number. Last I had heard was something like 21% (The Young Turks, I think).
  14. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Saw it somewhere in (hopefully) progressive Web land. So many sites so little truth, and it doesn't improve much (if at all) as time rolls on.
  15. danrok

I think much of what Putin chooses to do will be connected to Russia's one big problem, its economy is tied to oil prices.

Syria doesn't have that much oil, but it is a major transit country for Middle-East oil.

The war in Syria disrupts oil supplies from Russia's competitors, and even if the war ends, Putin will control Assad. He gets to win either way.

I can't see any other reason for Russia to be involved in Syria. Why would they give a damn about ISIS which poses no real threat to Russia?
  16. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Extremist Muslims are a danger to Russia. And Americans provide support for Al-queda and ISIS. Oh no! Sorry, it's true. Anything to help prolong the chaos in the middle east.
  17. danrok

Well, yes they've had to deal with Islamic extremists in Russia, and it didn't work out well for the extremists, such as during the Second Chechen War.
  18. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

War never works out for those charged with waging it. Leaders? Sometimes, sadly.
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    Personally, I was amazed at the press and pundits. He blows some completely insignificant shit up
    and as if someone waved a magic wand of infinite forgetfulness;
    We now have standing before us someone who looks very presidential!

(Just keep the pervert away from the women and kids!)
  20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

The great majority of the press is in the PTB's pocket. I doubt that the public's true well being ever crosses their "minds."