1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliable Game Giveaways Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by MajorLunaC, Jan 29, 2016.

1. MajorLunaC

MajorLunaC Member

I've been finding a lot of free game giveaways in the past few months, and nearly all of them work well with the Steam through Wine install. I thought I'd share the reliable ones that you're nearly always guaranteed a game, and not requiring you to jump through hoops. Really they're collected nicely and concisely on a Reddit page where I post them as soon as I find them too, and also another Giveaway collecting site:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamebundlenews/
    http://grabfreegames.com/

*TIP: If anything doesn't work on the sites, in Firefox, go to Help -> Restart with Add-ons Disabled... -> Start in Safe Mode. It will do so, but after you close Firefox again, it will start with Add-ons Enabled again automatically.

*There are a rare few that require a few things like "Like this on Facebook" or "Follow on Twitter and post this" or "Join this Steam Group", but usually only one or two. I do NOT recommend any Gleam.io giveaways as they don't seem to interface with anything properly (for me on Firefox), and you usually have to do lots of tasks, as well as "You will need a public, unlimited Steam profile to take part in the giveaway".

*Less reliable giveaway sites (rarely win anything, or only VERY horrible crappy games):
    - DLH.net : Has great games and keys, but only a limited number and only during random times of the year. Keep watch constantly, or you may miss it.
    - GameMiner.net : (Easy-to-get) Invite, get 1 "Coal" per hour logged-in or not, with a bunch of player-made contests that take 1 click to enter. Contests vary in price and everyone only gets 1 entry per contest, but there are so many. This is where people spam extra keys they get from the giveaways on the Reddit above. Rarely win anything, and almost always crappy games. Search/Filter and keep watch for 1-hour contests for less competition. Still hoping to get a second good game after months ...
    - Microids.com : Collect points by daily login, win cards after a while that eventually match up to win a game. Expect to win in many months or even a few years. Still waiting to win...
    - HRKGame.com : Daily 20 chances to win a random game with just 1 click + Captcha every time. Still waiting to win... (the image of the guy after you lose is kinda depressing ...)

Tell me if any other sites are reliable (or less so too) and I'll keep an eye on when new giveaways show.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Very nice! Thanks for putting these together.
  3. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page: