1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programs

Discussion in 'General Linux Discussion' started by Aremis, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Aremis

Aremis Member

In the general linux guide I was thinking of making some guides for some programs, such as virtualDJ or adobe lightroom 3. I use these in linux A LOT and no one seems to know how to actually set them up. It might be a fun thing for you guys to have as well as generate site traffic.

Whaddaya think?
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Yes Yes Yes!
    Please create guides on other program in Linux! That would be awesome!
    I have focused all of my time on games so its hard to do other programs. You probably noticed I did a SketchUp guide. I squeezed that one through my game guides.
  3. Aremis

Aremis Member

That's what made me think of it. Also, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I CAN MAKE MODELS FOR MY GAME WITH THAT THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    well, kinda and kinda not. For one Ruby doesn't run in Wine yet. So any plugins that allow you to export your models to other programs won't work.
    I spent almost a year creating assets in Skechup and exporting them to FBX & OBJ files to later find that normals didn't work correctly.
    So I ended up working in Blender, but found that I got stuck with normal maps. Not to mention the asset process took 10 times as long.
    I really really want to use SketchUp for game design.