1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Of race and racism or why did they have to go and make me feel so all alone

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I've been doing a lot of thinking of late upon my topic. If your and American or follow our news you already know why.

For some reason we can't seem to stop some white folks from killing unarmed black folks.
    We can't even get the police to stop shooing unarmed black, men women and children.

When at trial they receive injustice upon injustice and we have come to seem a nation without mercy.

For justice is the first mercy the many give to the few.

So my questions are not idle questions or theoretical. My thoughts on this have great urgency for me...there is blood upon the floor, blood in the streets. Everything I have learned about living a good life, a spiritual life tells me that "That's my blood out there."

They are slaying people akin to me. Not by color but by human need.

Pure science scratches her head when we talk of race. Science has no idea at all What we are going on about.

For science there is no such delineation between people as race.

For Science there is only species, there is only one species of man.

Homo Sapiens.

When a man has two dogs one black and one white you may account him a complete fool if he thinks he can judge between them on that basis.

Why?

Because the color of their fur is literally the shallowest possible way to judge a dog!

It tells you nothing of him. Not even the health or quality of his fur.

When a man or woman passes judgement on the basis of "race" we know at once!

we know at once we hearing from one whose judgment is more than faulty.

It is in fact the shallowest lest perceptive and most worthless view possible.

The color of someones skin tells me their color and not one damn thing more.

People show more sense when judging dogs and cats.

As far as I can see
    (Always a limited view)

The desire to make such unnecessary and arbitrary distinctions between us can only come from a verity of low motives and twisted thinking.

A racist will always feel left out no matter how many hoods dance around midnight fires.

They have divided humanity in their minds our side/your side.
    So have cut themselves off from the possibility of union.

Well they have each other.
    No they don't.

They condemn them selves with one drop of "Colored blood"

Blood they can accept readily enough in transfusions betrays their "purity" if it
    comes to them by way their own grand mother or grand father.

Thank the lord for hypocrisy without it we would have to find a new basis for hating our fellow men and women.

Because when you stare at racism long enough to see the smoke settle,

behind the bullshit there is just a flimsy excuse to hate ones fellow man.

Or at the very least the willingness to push a man down on the false assumption than it will rise you up.

The racist has yet to learn that it is a thousand times better in the moral universe to be a slave than to be a slave master.

I could show and feel more sympathy for their moral plight but they won't stop shooting my brothers.
  2. cloasters

cloasters Well-Known Member

Humanity displays some prejudices that a dog or cat or garden slug don't waste time with. Our capability to do harm to ourselves seems unlimited. Racism is getting worse in our country and we have only ourselves to blame for it. I so wish I was colorblind all the time. It's what is right and fair. But being a puss bucket full of hate for everything and myself comes naturally. Argh.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    I think this has been festering since the Civil war.
    When the South stood up for southern right to enslave.

To rape and to murder, to enslave one's own children.
    When Southern "gentlemen" abandon the beds of their wives.
    To make their money as seed bulls by raising their children as slaves.

The South is still trying to excuse the worst evil ever done to man.
    Still trying to pretend they fought for something noble.
    That their virtues were ignored.

Racism still exits in our country because there are those raised in it. and their are those
    who raised them in it. Think on the charter of one who raises their children in a a twisted lie of racism.

I'm not clear what the argument could be.

White is superior to black because white committed itself to evil for the sake of money?
    White denied heir own children if they their color said they were worth something on the auction block?

How feeble the confidence of such people that they fear a level playing field. A fair vote, equal schooling, a fair trial.

They should think on this. If there is only justice, mercy and love in heaven.

Why would God ever let you in. So you enslave the black angels?

I don't think so.

Their are millions of ex-saves in heaven.Men and women who lived and died carry "The white man's burden" of evil upon their backs. But not one slave master. Or it wouldn't be heaven would it?

We are brothers and I weep that there are those who do not know this.

Those who will never let go of this evil and return to the family of man.

Where we, black and white wait for you and pray for your redemption.
    Slavery cannot take from one the power of forgiveness.
    But slavery enslaves the slaver in chains that may never be opened
    except by setting another free.

Set us free that we may set you free and walk this road together as it was meant to be.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Well-Known Member

I agree, it's correct to blame our Southern history. However, we had slavery in the North for 400 years as well. While it's convenient and easy to blame the South, we are ALL guilty. How many times I prayed that history was reversible and if I only could go back in time and murder every slave trader...

Murdering the prejudice within myself seem impossible. Thank you my father's side of the family. NOT. My paternal grandmother once nearly foamed at the mouth while explaining to me how awful Black people were. Seriously.
    I knew as a five year old that she was WRONG. I sincerely wish that that was the only moment in my life when I was exposed to insane hatred and prejudice.
  5. Kaitain

Kaitain Member

Harking back to slavery is a lazy way out. Racism isn't only white man's problem, as seems to be increasingly the narrative in the USA - everybody is capable of it, and everybody who as travelled widely has been on the receiving end of racism in some form or other.

We also need to recognise that the instinct to segregate and define "us" and "them" is hardwired into humans. Prejudice of any sort isn't only about skin colour - the colour is a shorthand for a collection of stereotypes defining somebody's expected appearance, smell, habits and behaviours, language, and ultimately their ability to fit in with whatever we define as "us". Even if we get past skin colour, our instinct towards prejudice still runs deep.

Tell me that the working classes and aristocrats don't have particular stereotypes for one another, or Americans and Canadians, or Republicans and Democrats. Tell me what purpose borders, passports, visas and immigration controls serve, if not the assessment that certain humans are deemed unworthy of living where we live.

We will not successfully combat racism unless and until we acknowledge that it's a universal behaviour, that our past attempts to combat it have themselves perpetuated racism, and that the standards by which we judge racist behaviour are equally applied.
  6. Kaitain

Kaitain Member

Cats are solitary animals. Wild dogs are pack animals that in nature would gleefully attack dogs from a different pack that wandered into their territory. Domestic dogs have been infantilised, so never really develop true pack instincts. Humans, like many other primates, form social clusters of families, and are both hierarchical and territorial. You can see the roots of human prejudice in the behaviour of our simian cousins.

We should be able to transcend our animal instincts, but first we have to recognise them for what they are.
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    To say that racism is not universal would be...racist! LOL

Everything from rape to patricide no doubt finds it's first expression in the caves we first inhabited.

We use a mental shorthand when ascribing traits from the individual to the group we perceive that individual to belong to. When meeting strange people of whom we have no knowledge, our lives may depend upon
    properly processing any data we are able to collect.

A fearful situation. The pressure is really on the find defining things that put our minds at ease.

I think we to easy grasp at anything that might ease our discomfort in not knowing what to expect.

In many ways raciest remind me of our ape ancestors. One bad snake bite and we fear all snakes
    One bad apple and we refuse all tomatoes as poison.

This lack of clarity on the part of whole big bunches of people can be and is handed down and accepted without examination. It becomes cultural truth that the other is to be feared because they do not do as we do, a condemnation all by itself.

So as rule stupidity and fear guide us to a raciest outlook. but politics find a use for racism and milk that cow every day.