Nine Parchments in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 7, 2024.

• by booman, Aug 7, 2024 at 1:23 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Nine Parchments is a Magicka inspired, linear action magic adventure by Frozenbyte! Play cooperative with 3 friends and slay monsters with various spells like:
    • Fire
    • Ice
    • Lightning
    • Steam
    • Death
    • Life
    • Physics
    • Shadow
    Even combine these spells together to create unimaginable destruction.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/nine_parchments

I was able to play Nine Parchments with deprecated PlayOnLinux using Proton Experimental 8. It even ran with stable versions of Wine 8 staging as well. The detailed backgrounds stutter a bit on two of my computers, but it didn't affect game-play at all. The game is rather enjoyable but extremely hard too! Reviving your friends is very difficult and playing the same area over and over can be repetitive if you keep dying. Which is bound to happen!

I would love to see a native Linux version like some of the Trine games but sadly only Windows version is available.

Mint 21.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 535
    PlayOnLinux 4.3.4Proton Experimental 8

parchment-0.jpg parchment-1.jpg parchment-2.jpg parchment-3.jpg parchment-4.jpg parchment-5.jpg parchment-6.jpg parchment-7.jpg parchment-8.jpg parchment-9.jpg parchment-10.jpg parchment-11.jpg parchment-12.jpg parchment-13.jpg parchment-14.jpg parchment-15.jpg parchment-16.jpg
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 7, 2024.