1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MMORPG]Project Gorgon

Discussion in 'Games' started by Marlhin, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Marlhin

Marlhin Member

Good afternoon!

After several weeks of abstinence I could manage to get into gaming again. While I was reading that Asheron's Call 1+2 will get shut down by the end of January, I came across Project Gorgon, an indie MMORPG in alpha phase, programmed by an ex-Asheron's Call programmer and his wife.

I have to admit that I have never played Asheron's Call before but I do like the oldschool type of MMO, as I have played Shadow Bane a lot.
    Although this game is in an early development stage I got very hooked by the oldschool feel and atmosphere. IMHO best MMORPG for the last years!

Here are some features about it:
    - skill-based leveling system (no classes or main-lvl of your character)
    - three races (more are comfirmed)
    - there's no one holding your hand. More a traditional/oldschool feel which makes this game kind of "hardcore"
    - very detailed world
    - exploration is very beneficial
    - unique combat system/combat-skill system
    - at the moment f2p, when the game is finished b2p - with optional VIP subscription but no pay2win
    - very helpful and friendly community - a rarity today!

At the moment there is only a windows and a mac installer available but a nice community member worked out a linux installer which works almost flawless (only the tk-gui launcher is buggy, cli version works like a charm): https://gitlab.com/alexander255/project-gorgon-launcher

Project Gorgon website: projectgorgon.com

Edit: Here is a screenshot I took two days ago of my current character:
    [​IMG]

Some ppl playing music and derping around in town:
    [​IMG]

Me leveling my fire magic and psychology skills. Going to make a ton of bacon out of those pork shoulders:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Wow, looks really nice!
    What is the theme/story?