1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mashinky

Discussion in 'Games' started by steve723, Nov 12, 2017.

1. steve723

steve723 Member

Nothing yet hu? I'm not too surprised since it's so new. In fact it's still in alpha. I was hoping as it just recently went green light on steam. I guess I will have to try a manual POL install and cross my fingers. Too bad the steam for Linux version is years away. The sole dev said he want's to port to Linux, but probably several years away. @ Booman, How about a guide as the dev said his friend used POL to succeed in getting it to run.

Can you believe it's in 32 bit? Lol It won't be long before the 2GB address limit is reached and then... C R A S H! ! !
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. steve723

steve723 Member

I got it to work. Use wine staging 2.19 Don't bother creating a Mashinky icon as you need to start steam then start the game. The game will not start steam first for some reason. Remember it's Alpha.

Edit: I forgot to add when you create the PLO drive set 32 bit, Microsoft core fonts and of course steam. Everything else is either in wine or installed by steam when the game starts for the first time.
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Very nice!
    If I owned the game I would totally do a guide.
  4. steve723

steve723 Member

It's $25.00, at the moment.
  5. booman

Home page:
    hmm, I'll wait... normally I don't purchase games unless its something I have been wanting for a while.
  6. steve723

steve723 Member

It works, but some people might prefer a guide. I said how I got it working above. I don't like on wineHQ.com that usually when some one gets something to work, they only say they got it working. They should say how they got it working, so others that are struggling, will know how do do it.
  7. booman

Home page:
    Yeah, that bugs me as well. I want to know exactly what they did to get it working.

For example, I am testing Crysis from GOG and all the reports on AppDB show success, but not matter what I try there is only a black screen. I'm almost sure its a codec problem with the opening video's, but they just aren't launching.
    Most of the posts just say they got it working, but not a lot of specifics. A few post mention using the 64-bit executable and direct X 9 libraries and Windows XP, but its not working for me.