1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for a game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kowalsky, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Kowalsky

Kowalsky Member

I had an idea for a game, i'm not a programmer and do'nt know people that can use it, modestly think it's quiet good so i would share, maybe some one can be interested.

Basicly is an idea for a single player or mmorpg or both (mostly it's an settings suggestion)

Setting at the end of ice age the world it's still frozen for a tow-third, only the equator zone it's free and in there the flora comes to new life, as well a new species move is first steps on the icy part, the humankind, the neanderthal.

In the single player story line the player could be take the part of a new chief of a clan, he decide to break tradictions and move is folks in the way to find a more liveable habitat (the equator zone of course) pushed by legends about the green heaven. At the start the map could be interily black except smaler area, the clan's hunting area, during the journey he have to manage to aquire from other clans (in peaceful or aggreive way) more information and in the same times take care of is folks (set camp, hunting, defending)

In the massively multiplayer equator zone could be a more rich resources area that push players to have control over there ( the PvP zone ) a place where find unique resources for crafting, in my idea theres no lootable items everything must be craft so the mobs loots and gathering give only biological parts for recipes.

Magic: there will be a shamanics form of magic based on animals spirits energy (like indians of america bealiefs) and totemic system, this kind of magic can confer to peoples or items some special animal attribute (bear strenght, tiger fang/nail damages, eagle sight, jaguar speed ecc...) and conjure spirts,shamans have also life preserve knowladge.

Armors: it's not a medieval setting so there not be plate or ironchain armors (neanderthal did'nt know metals) fur coat of different animals could give a basic protection against fisical damage and rituals tattoos/scares can give more protection and strengthening ( in common belief ritual tattoos and scares are infuse of spiritual/magic power)

Weapons: Every kind of bones,wooden and stones weapons could be craft and totemic symbols or rare materials can confer different attributes but bows and crossbows? Inappropriate so i had thinked at javenlis, bolas and maybe boomerangs.

Necklaces and bracelet : If Tattoos and scares are permanent necklaces and bracelet are not, composed of different parts they will be always modifiable, any part can give a specific buffer or debuffer so the player will have to choise over many different sets ( this will be more PvP sets )

Crafting: personally i like a very free ( you can learn wath you want when you want, it's just a time problem ) and complicate crafting systemes, this means a large number of resureces

Moobs and bosses: what to say, ice age automaticaly give a large panorama of creature. ( Mammoth could be a very hard boss to defeat ) Maybe some kind of spirits? Prehistoric Divinity?

Mounts: wolfsled ( it's my dream )

Thats all so what did you think?
  2. Kowalsky

Kowalsky Member

I know maybe this is not an appropriate site for this argument but i thinked could be nicely share ours ideas about wich games we would like to see in the stores or in a kickstarter campaign, if not you can delete this thrades or ask me to do it!
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Feel free to post anything you want here. We all love to talk about games.

I like the idea of a post Ice-Age game. There are a few out there, but still in-development... like:
    I personally prefer a Single Player because its much easier to control the story, environment, A.I. and content development.
    I love RPG's and it would be great to see this game as a top-down Drakensang Online type of view.

Is that what you were thinking?
  4. Kowalsky

Kowalsky Member

OMG man this peoples of Stone Rage stolen my idea :mad: got to call my lawyer!!!

Yeah very interesting project have to keep it in watching. (means Stone Rage) Thanks Booman

I prefer this kind of game, Third person view, find it more immersive and i realy like the opportunity to watch around amazing panorama ( you know like in a postcard ) especially in a new generetion games with this higt quality graphics.

Not so many attracted to dinosaurs, Hunter Primal don't focus my attention but SR definitively yes!! Notting about a crafting system yet, i realy hope there will be one ( i love jumping around gathering stuff to create my own items, particularly when my name it's showed in the item's window :D )

Cool cool cool, but.......arrrghh no linux version provaided phuff
  5. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I have been watching Stone Rage for a few years. They tried a crowd-funding but didn't have success.
    The game looks amazing in UDK though... loving the screenshots.

I like your idea of loot...
    Instead of typical loot like weapons, armor, coins... enemies will drop elements like wood, cut stones, leather, etc
    Then you HAVE to craft your own weapons from the loot.

This way you have to earn each weapon and armor you create.
    I would definitely value my weapons and armor if I had to earn the elements and craft it myself. That would be great!