1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghostrunner Demo in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 13, 2020.

• by booman, Nov 13, 2020 at 3:37 AM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Ghostrunner is a speedrun melee slasher bundled with parkour elements. You are a rogue robot running for your life, but this isn't the end... is it? Jump and run across walls, climb up ledges and slow down time to avoid projectiles. Find who you are and why you were created!

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/1139900/

Ghostrunner demo runs in Proton perfectly on my GeForce GTX 1060. After the game downloaded there was an initial directx installation that took a few minutes, but when it was done I could play without any problems. After I removed the game and re-downloaded, it wouldn't launch. So I had to delete the wineprefix in the compadata folder. Interesting that it doesn't have the same name as the steapowered.com path. Make sure to delete: 1249200

Honestly, this is not my type of game. I love parkour games like Mirror's Edge, but in the demo a single shot from a soldier will end your life, then return you back to a checkpoint. Watch video and you will see what I mean. If there are 4 soldiers to kill and you finally slay three of them, the last one might kill you and do it all over again. I get very frustrated with repetition where I feel that I'm not making an progress. Hopefully the full game will allow you some armor or quick saves because I couldn't even finish the demo.

Specs:
    Mint 19.3 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Nvidia 450.80
    Proton 5.0-9 64-bit

ghostr-12.jpg ghostr-11.jpg ghostr-10.jpg ghostr-9.jpg ghostr-8.jpg ghostr-7.jpg ghostr-4.jpg ghostr-2.jpg ghostr-0.jpg ghost-8.jpg ghost-17.jpg ghost-18.jpg ghost-19.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 13, 2020.