1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire and "the shape of things to come."

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    California , Last year was the worst fire season on record for Calif. We currently have 216 MORE fires burning than we did last year at this time.
    This man made crisis is no longer creeping towards us in scientific papers describing what is to come. Warning us of our folly.

The climate crisis is already upon us.

Watching the news it almost seems that what isn't in flood is burning to the ground.
    Our little state of Washington was the ONLY place in the country not being barbecued
    or drowned.

We have begun to enter those conditions which offer ZERO assurance that we can or will emerge from them.

In my youth "Marcuza" (sp) teaching at U.C. Berkeley advanced his "Theory of Social entropy."

Which basically states that the more complex a system is the more vulnerable it is to having any specific single failure to bring it all down. Inter-relatedness that creates efficiency's also create vulnerabilities.
    Said another way:
    "For want of a nail the horse loses his shoe for want of a shoe the messenger fails to arrive, for want of a warring the kingdom is lost. All for the want of a single nail.

Our import and export practices are simply not sustainable, however profitable they may be at the moment.

Our current climate warns us of famine, plague and technological disasters.

Malaria and several dozen tropical diseases are heading north at a frighting rate.

Mankind is entering her darkest hour.

I feel that in this context there's something in the human past that needs to be pointed out.

Since we began, the human race has drop below 5000 people at lest a half dozen times.
    We know this this from studying genetic markers.

Our place on Earth is by no means guaranteed.
    If mankind is to get past this moment in time we will have to gain a heretofore unknown clarity and an impeccable resolve.

We will need to elect or select our leadership with great care, We will need to relearn the lessons of sacrifice.We will need to give up much to retain what we need.

We do have some solutions but as we can see that aren't being applied except where there might be a profit. This will not do. This will not save anyone.

We know how to fight. Can we learn to fight together in a common bid for survival?.

If we try to steal our survival from one another we will only hasten our doom.

We are standing upon the verge of a great shift in human history. We are entering into a time of great extremity. No one can say what will be. Yet it's pretty easy to see" the shape of things to come."

We will need to become more than we are now or we will sure be diminished if not abolished.

"When you find yourself in darkness cling, cling to what you can remember of the light."
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

What a fantastically apt post, thank you Daniel!
    Maybe it's only my negativity, which I'm overly cursed with but this is my prognosis: The end of humankind, and amen.
    Maybe the next creature that works its way to the top of the food chain will make a more just society. We can only hope.

I simply pray that the ultimate survivors who now sit atop everything else don't have the ability to spread the human plague beyond its rightful home. Here we screwed ourselves royally, here we should stay for ever.

Yes, we have redeeming qualities. No, there are not enough of them to outwit or outweigh our timely end.
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    As you guys know I take my truth from what ever source offers it.
    From "The day the Earth stood still."

"At the precipice people change."
    An old man speaking, trying to explain why he prefers to stay here and die with us than to leave his adopted world and return to the stars.

"What I love most about them is that they are at their very best when things are at their very worst."

We are going to be caught up short. We are going to have our folly manifest in ways no one can deny.

The world is about to get in our faces. Guess whose going to blink.

As we so recently have cause to know..."Timing is everything".
    We say that because it's absolute in it's truth.
    There's no getting around it with a pretty smile.
    Be on time or be left behind. There is no other option.

Nature and natures can be bent and shaped to our purposes.
    But throw any hi-bread seed out into the world and a very strange thing happens. They all revert to type.
    They all return to a set point that was and is determined by every other set point, it all moves together.
    evolution doesn't occur in separate chunks and pieces. Everything pressures everything else to move forward.

I say forward because there is directionality in nature. Nature always moves towards greater refinement.

How refined is an exploding volcano smart guy?

Exceedingly refined. A volcano made my mother! Made the land she gave birth to me on.
    Can you see it any other way?

Nature , taking her own sweet TIME of course, went from exploding volcanoes to a butterfly's wing, by always moving towards refinement.

The volcano itself is the result of energy and matter seeking a more refined expression.

"It is only the changes at work here."

Yet there is directionality in all change. Even when things appear to remain the same.

Natures moves towards refinement. All Eco-systems move toward a greater integration and a more refined balance. What exceeds the norm dies off..or, and here's beauty part, inaugurates a lasting change.

So for my point of view what we are talking about is our learning curve. Put another way how fast can we digest change and act accordingly.?

We are starting to see the consequence of our way of life.

In debate or on paper we can be told just about anything.
    We can deny just about anything.

But we are starting to see the change on a person by person basis.

Those who have deceived us and misled us for so long are no longer arguing with
    Ralph Nader.
    Now their words are stolen away by the whirlwinds and the floods.

So of course we come to the only real question in the world today.
    Do we have time to make the changes we will surly at some point desperately
    want to make in order to restore the balance.
    Men don't burn down their own houses because they know better.
    Men don't burn down their city because they know better.

Soon, perhaps not soon enough, Men will refuse to burn down the world because consequence has taught him in a rough and brutal way not to.

We are one of the very youngest species on the planet. We are also the smartest.
    We should in time overcome this defect in our understanding. as the world unfolds before our eyes.

But will we be on time?
    If we kill the world will we still be in God's hand? Or did we need a world to be there?

Wrath. We are going to know natures wrath. We are going to be reduced in number.
    This I feel we can no longer avoid. But we may yet, here, at the precipice, change.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Fortunately I don't think mankind can "kill the world." We can certainly kill ourselves-- why we're at it 24/7. But I think Earth will endure. Three million years for the radioactivity to fade enough for evolution to bring forth life, then a few more hundred million years for sentient life to develop.

I pray that a few examples of humanity will NOT reestablish themselves on a far away planet. This seems to be Mr Musk's fantasy, Musk forever! Fortunately Mars won't work. Whew!

You can say I have little faith in humanity to correct its myriad defects in time. Maybe the monster in the house for honkeys (wait, there was one exception) won't be able to resist his self made madness? We as a society seem totally unable to stop our and his beyond horrific fate.
    We'd be down the road a goodly way farther for the last humans to self destruct.

Never mind, my Depression is showing itself too plainly here.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    At the precipice people change.

Look at addicts.Those who have lived beyond their addiction often speak of "a moment of clarity."
    Many have called it grace.

A moment in which they at long last see the way out.
    They, after decades of self deception and delusion, often sick as dogs and run down into the ground. without warning,

come upon a moment in which they are able to see with absolute clarity what must be done
    and simultaneously find the strength in their worn out bones to carry out the mad pained plan of withdrawal.

You see man is capable of forming a resolve that can reach deeper than consciousness.
    A determination that cannot be spoken to and cannot be turned. Such a man can be a fearsome thing to behold. One feels almost ornamental in their company.

Martian was such a man.he and Gandhi were something for this world to see.
    "Future generations will scarcely believe that such a man walked among us."

Climate change is not going to be painless. NOBODY is going to seep though this!
    We will suffer loss after loss unto crisis, but in crisis heroes can arise up right next door to us!

Once humanity looks her children in the eye and realizes what we've done to them...
    A shriek will be heard around the world.
    And humanity will set to work.
    Because in the end the very deepest part of us will do anything to save a child.

When I speak of global death, I Refer to life on earth being wiped out. Snowball
    Earth was such a period. When eco systems break down there are a few survivors, but they are bits and pieces and soon being no longer supported by their eco system die out.

Very basic patterns of life remain, but you will see no elk standing proudly upon the hill.
    I think things are going to get really bad fairly soon. Can't raise corn without water, can't plant seed if the soil blows away.

We are very rapidly approaching the time of consequences. What we've been shoving into one end of the pipe is just now starting to come out the other.

Nobody is going to like the smell, taste, look or meaning of it.
    But when we have nothing but pain, we set to work.
    The laziest man on Earth will move his leg from the fire...yes? ":O}
    That we have a world before us that needs saving, we give thanks.
  6. Daniel~

Home page:
    REMEMBER George, you can always feel worse. And you will until you make you stop.
    I gave you remedies, apply them.
    Cutting cutting cutting until the now opens to you.
  7. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Cutting, cutting, cutting, cutting. I knew I was not remembering something extremely important. Thank you, thank you, thank you Daniel!
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    This won't be overnight. So don't look for any kind of success. Instead you will be tempted to fight with yourself. to make "Something, anything happen.
    I know this because all minds are the same.
    While you are cutting out the crap thoughts I want you the exercise the up most
    patience and gentleness with your self.

If you find yourself getting irritable, stop, continuing will not benefit you. Instead you musts regain your calm.

Bringing quite to the heart is not easy. We tend to seek out something to desire to alleviate our boredom with ourselves. Once we acquire the desired thing we become bored with it, and so reel from gratification to desire and back again All this unfruitful activity only makes the heart sore. We grow depress and want to mope about.

But if we can calm our self's and gain a clear view of these transactions going on within us without necessary being a real part of us. they fall silent. So here we want objectivity.

We are not trying to suppress anything. only to bring order out of chaos. Sounds hard, but as the order is already an implicit part of you...This is always within our reach.

Once negative thought subside, we need only:

"let the fish swim free in the sea"

The tricky part is that what we are trying to be objective about is the movements of our own heart.
    Once you regain a clear idea of what is to be done,
    you may resume your cutting.":O}

This is a way of life George. Like any refuge it will take time and a loving heart if we are to settle this new land.
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Gratitude IS the attitude. Thank you beyond measure my friend!
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    Well said my friend! LOL
    Now go punch a hole in your unhappiness. Then dance, dance your way though it.
    It's just so good that you don't know any fancy steps!
  11. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I just read that an area in California as large as New York State is on fire. I pray this is an exaggeration!
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    We really should have seen the direct consequences of Climate extremes.
    what is climate ? If not Air, fire and water. So what lies at the extreme of each of these?

Fire, flood and hurricane winds blessed with tornados,

We should now expect to see these things drifting across our Continent following new winds.

This isn't going to be a simple assault of of few things gone wrong. It can't be. We have altered the basic patterns of life. millions of years of co-operative relationships slowly built up thought trial and error between plants and animals in a slowly changing environment.

All of that is quite literally gone. Where there were millions of creatures there now stands a handful trying to make their living so very far from the home that gave them birth.

In the next 20 years I fully expect that we will lose all our forests, what can burn will burn.
    Fire is always followed by flood.

We are going to be up against this. We will need to be very clever monkeys indeed if we hare to survive rather than making things worse by fearful meddling.

I think we will get though what is to come. I want to believe that a better version of our best selves will walk out of the tornado to continue the human journey.

I don't think the world will look anything like the world we have lived in.

Think, if one can, of the tornado as "The Lathe of heaven."

What can we do to save the world?

"Let's investigate Hilary's e-mails!

Seriously there is something we can do, not for ourselves but for our great grand children. We can stop. we can find each of the ten thousand ways to stop our destruction of the environment.

And we will. the only real question in the world today is when. When will we become the soultion rather than the problem.

Nature has an answer for us. Better that we control that narrative. As Nature is short on words and unstoppable in action.
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Very well said. Don't know if this number is right, more than 300 wildfires in Western WA. it's been hard to breathe in Seattle for days, I hope your air is better.
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    Last year 200 ft tall flames were stopped less than a mile from here. we had days that rained black and gray ash. We had firemen of incredible resolve and determination. We had a river to supply their hoses.

This year we have been free of fire and ash. The sky clouded over 2 weeks ago and it rained for half a day and sprinkled though the night. With each drop a prayer was answered.

What will come next is anyone's guess.

But experience says that the fires in Cally will move north with the advancing summer. Last year the Cally fire season started in December.
    To me it looks like we are approaching the year in which the West Coast will burn while the East coast is washed away by flood.

What Then?

We should be begging for the prayers of the righteous to reach out and quell the anger we have awakened against our selves.
  15. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Quotation from Daniel's previous (#14) post:
    "We should be begging for the prayers of the righteous to reach out and quell the anger we have awakened against our selves."

This is deep, it's great food for thought! Stops me in my tracks, for sure.
  16. Daniel~

Home page:
    as always, your to kind.
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    It started raining yesterday. Rain has delivered us as is has though out history from the flames.
    But looking east we see only a storm the size of a small continent trying to climb out of the ocean and devour the land. lucky us that trummy is aces at handling hurricanes!

Two words nobody on the east coast wants to hear hear right now....Porto Rico.
  18. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

B-B-but el Presidente insisted that six or eight people died in Puerto Rico. And IT never lies about anything! Honest!
    The latest is that the Bahstage in Charge stole millions of dollars from FEMA in aid of jailing refugees, oops, would be immigrants and their oh so fortunate children under cruel and inhumane conditions. Crack that whip mister ugly in chief!
  19. Daniel~

Home page:
    On the brighter side of trummy there is now almost no chance he'll escape impeachment only slightly less chance he won't soon be indicted. He is already an UN-indicted co-conspirator for his noble work with Cohen.

Manafote gave up the fight yesterday and has agreed to testify against any one Muller tells him to.
    (basically that's the deal he made with Muller.)

So we can look forward to a very nice Christmas.
  20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Unfortunately, if we impeach Trump we get that lunatic right winged Christian Pence in his place. Extremely difficult to believe, I know, yet Pence might be even worse than the trumpolini. Argh, will someone else please save us from the trumpish one? Well, if Pence goes there's that nastiest of little people hating monsters in third place. Paul Ryan. Shudder!!

I know that some folks have trouble believing this, yet we need saving from the Democrats too. They are a nasty bunch of corporate loving boogers, absolutely the worst of people.
    Yes, there are some worthwhile Democrats. However, the Democratic Central Committee does its absolute best to keep good candidates disempowered.

We must save ourselves, the people at the top will not. I hope that massive non violent demonstrations will accomplish this.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018