1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driver: Parallel Lines in PlayOnLinux

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 27, 2021.

• by booman, Nov 27, 2021 at 6:00 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Driver: Parallel Lines is a GTA inspired roam-the-streets sandbox action game. Like the original Driver games, you will be driving the cities avoiding police and accomplishing tasks or missions. But like GTA, you can exit the vehicle and roam the city and steal whatever car you want. I love all the classic cars from the 1970s and character clothing styles. Even the city had a vintage look and ambiance to it.

https://www.gog.com/game/driver_parallel_lines

Driver runs fairly well in Wine, but there is a bit of stutter as it loads the distant city lines. I was able to use my Logitech MOMO racing steering wheel with force feedback. It handles nicely, but the buttons are a bit confusion to program in the game. Obviously this is not a simulation game, so I dealt with the settings and had fun roaming New York in the 1970s. Unfortunately there are only two camera modes... 3rd person and bumper view. Also, there is no support for 1920x1080 resolution, but there is a widescreen setting.

Specs:
    Mint 20.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1060 & GTX 660
    Nvidia 470
    PlayOnLinux 4.3.4
    Wine 6.0 64-bit
    DXVK 1.9.2

driver-0.jpg driver-1.jpg driver-2.jpg driver-3.jpg driver-4.jpg driver-6.jpg driver-9.jpg driver-10.jpg driver-11.jpg driver-12.jpg driver-13.jpg driver-14.jpg driver-15.jpg driver-17.jpg driver-18.jpg driver-19.jpg driver-20.jpg driver-22.jpg driver-24.jpg driver-25.jpg driver-26.jpg driver-27.jpg driver-28.jpg driver-30.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Nov 27, 2021.