Dishonored 2 in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 2, 2023.

• by booman, Jul 2, 2023 at 8:29 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Once again, Dunwall is under threat but this time the empresses half-sister Delilah is threatening to take power as an evil sorceress. Play as Corvo or Emily and explore a whole new world: Karnaca capital of Serkonos. A new enemy lurks in the form of robotic soldiers and witches, but expect to learn some new deadly stealth skills as well.

I picked up Dishonored 2 on a GOG sale and naturally tried to play using PlayOnLinux. But I was unable to even launch the game with Wine or Proton. So I tried Steam "non-steam" game and it ran fairly well. Every once in a while I would get a stuttering frame rate issue probably related to Vulkan shaders, but other than that it was a beautiful game! I was able to run almost all the settings on high. Also one of the best looking skulls I've ever seen in a video game!

Specs:
    Mint 21.164-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 530
    Proton Experimental 8.0

honor-0.jpg honor-1.jpg honor-4.jpg honor-5.jpg honor-6.jpg honor-7.jpg honor-10.jpg honor-12.jpg honor-13.jpg honor-16.jpg honor-17.jpg honor-18.jpg honor-19.jpg honor-22.jpg honor-23.jpg honor-24.jpg honor-25.jpg honor-28.jpg honor-29.jpg honor-30.jpg honor-31.jpg honor-34.jpg honor-35.jpg honor-61.jpg honor-60.jpg honor-59.jpg honor-58.jpg honor-55.jpg honor-54.jpg honor-53.jpg honor-52.jpg honor-49.jpg honor-48.jpg honor-47.jpg honor-46.jpg honor-43.jpg honor-42.jpg honor-41.jpg honor-37.jpg
    Daerandin likes this.
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Daerandin
    I never played Dishonered 2, but I loved the first game. The screenshots look really cool, I should definitely play this. I think I already own it so it's about time I get around to playing it.
    booman likes this.
  2. booman
    Dude its amazing! There is a level with a fancy device that lets you transfer from past to future. You can actually see the guards in the past and move around a mansion going back-n-forth. Its all a puzzle!
    There are some new enemies and weapons and skills.
    Honestly I didn't even explore most of the skills because the teleport skill is amazing! I was able to sneak up on most enemies and kill them in one hit. Or there is a skill where I can kill two at once.... but even though I explored most of the maps, I still didn't get all of the bone charms.

If you have it in Steam it should install and run better than my way with the GOG version running in Steam as a "non steam game".

Let me know if you experience any of those random frame rate stutters.
    Daerandin likes this.
  3. Daerandin
    I have it on GOG, but I just use plain wine for those games. Still a while until I'm back home from my trip, but I'll be sure to let you know how it runs.
  4. booman
    Ok, let me know if it run ok, I was unable to even get it to launch in PlayOnLinux with proton, but in Steam, ran fine in Proton.