Diablo Immortal in Proton

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 9, 2023.

• by booman, Aug 9, 2023 at 1:05 PM
  • booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Blizzard finally created a free-to-play MMO for Diablo! Currently in Beta, join your friends and live the story between Diablo II and III. Choose a deadly male or female class:
    • Blood Knight
    • Barbarian
    • Crusader
    • Demon Hunter
    • Monk
    • Necromancer
    • Wizard

Battle all kinds of forest minions all the way to hell demons! Also expect the typical environments like Gothic graveyards, deserts and epic castles. Help other players and expect random encounters!

I was able to install Battle.net in PlayOnLinux with ProtonGE8 and run Diablo Immortal. Honestly it will require some patience because of the random crashing. I was unable to run the game on any other version of Proton. The game will consistently crash at start up, but don't give up, just use the System Monitor to kill DiabloImmortal.exe and then launch again. If that doesn't work, just kill all processes in PlayOnLinux and run it again.

For the most part, once it runs and you are in-game, you can easily play for an hour. Sometimes it randomly crashes, other times it just runs fine.

Specs:
    Mint 21.1 64-bit
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Nvidia 530
    ProtonGE8
    PlayOnLinux 4.3.4
    Wine 8.0 64-bit
    DXVK 2.1

immortal-0.jpg immortal-1.jpg immortal-3.jpg immortal-4.jpg immortal-5.jpg immortal-6.jpg immortal-7.jpg immortal-8.jpg immortal-9.jpg immortal-10.jpg immortal-11.jpg immortal-12.jpg immortal-13.jpg immortal-14.jpg immortal-15.jpg immortal-16.jpg immortal-17.jpg immortal-18.jpg immortal-19.jpg immortal-20.jpg immortal-21.jpg immortal-22.jpg immortal-23.jpg immortal-24.jpg immortal-25.jpg immortal-26.jpg immortal-27.jpg immortal-28.jpg immortal-29.jpg immortal-30.jpg immortal-31.jpg immortal-45.jpg immortal-44.jpg immortal-43.jpg immortal-42.jpg immortal-40.jpg immortal-39.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by booman, Aug 9, 2023.

1. booman
    Update!
    My family and I have stopped playing Diablo Immortal because once you get to the level 52 areas in the arctic, it started crashing all the time. All of our instances of Diablo Immortal crashed and we spent more time restarting and rejoining than actual playing.

Hopefully there will be a fix in Glorious Eggroll Proton in the future to help with this issue, but for now we wait.