1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conky

Discussion in 'General Linux Discussion' started by rolandttg, Mar 8, 2014.

1. rolandttg

rolandttg Member

Conky is software that displays system information on your desktop. Other stuff as well such as weather, etc..
    The easiest way to do it is get Conky Manager and some theme packs. Easy to do.

http://www.teejeetech.in/p/conky-manager.html

Anyone else use Conky?
  2. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    Using Conky here with a pretty basic code that I snagged off a website I can't remember now. The thing I like about Conky is how I can edit the code in the config file while it is running, and once I save the file the changes will take immediate effect.
  3. rolandttg

rolandttg Member

I need to learn how you do it, Daerandin. But the Conky Manager for now is good for me. Though I need to learn more about it as some things don't work.
  4. Daerandin

Daerandin Well-Known Member

Home page:
    It's not really that difficult. You edit the .conkyrc file in your home folder. The easiest method is to find the code for a setup you like, there are usually forums topics where people post their .conkyrc or some websites have samples. Then make whatever modifications you need.

You should probably be able to do the same when using Conky Manager. First set it up how you like with the manager, then you should be able to modify the .conkyrc to either remove certain things you don't want or add other elements, possibly from another source.
  5. rolandttg

rolandttg Member

Thank you Daerandin !
    . I love my desktop!
    Cool.png