1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Help Setting-up with Final Fantasy XIV ARR (Steam Edition)

Discussion in 'WINE' started by BurgerJerk, Feb 21, 2015.

1. BurgerJerk

BurgerJerk New Member

Has anyone used Korora 21? I was thinking about using Korora with GNOME (found it after some digging around and saw that is was new user friendly). I am hoping that this will help me get my foot in the door with Linux a bit easier to make the transition over.
  2. allenskd

allenskd Active Member

You might want to create a new thread for that :) here : http://gamersonlinux.com/forum/forums/general-linux-discussion.12/

Korora is based on fedora if I'm not mistaken... as for user friendly distro there are two on top of my head Ubuntu, it has a clear streak on easy to use linux. Recently I changed to Ubuntu myself, which I blogged about.

Next up would be openSUSE, right now I don't have any nice thing to say about it since it has been a huge turn-off for me. Regardless of what I think of it right now, it's up there with Ubuntu in terms of easiness.

I think it's better to ask what's confusing you or what's troubling you rather than looking for easy to use distributions. Each distribution has their flaws. Imho, you are heading into a thorny path where you'll end up getting more frustrated since the more you hop around the more you realize that each distribution needs a lot of attention to get things running. If I tell you to use gentoo, there's a high chance you'll never come back to linux because gentoo requires you to read a lot.
  3. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I agree, its better to choose a stable distribution that is widely used, this way you can look up tutorials and tips for that Distribution. Ubuntu is one of the most used Distros and if you want something more "Windows-ish" try Mint.
    Mint is based off Ubuntu but the Cinnamon desktop environment is kinda Windows-ish.

I've heard a lot of good things about Manjaro and SuSE as well.
    Its ok to check out other distros to see what you like, but hopping around to get a game working can be very frustrating.